· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Awards Showcase

Asking good questions, keep it up! - Slaphppy7 Congrats on the tank move - Slaphppy7 Thanks for being the 2000th poster on the 40B! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Stay warm!! - DeboraBremner Here's to good friends, and new fish! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    at least it wasn't other common household meds like baby aspirin (the half dose stuff that people chew at onset of a heart attack or as a daily aspirin regiment) - was the prevacid chewables by chance? (thinking they were the orange flavored ones which would explain why they tasted like candy)
    Current tanks:
    37G FW - 3 Pearl Gourami, 4 Black Mollies, approximately 20+ Molly Fry, 5 Assassin Snails | 10G Planted FW - 14 Molly Fry, rocks, DW and an Anubias Nana - journal
    "We come from the land of the ice and snow" | "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage | What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
    How to cycle without fishies!

2 Not allowed!
    Sounds like a nice firm chat is in order about not eating anything you don't personally give her to eat.

That was always the rule in our house as we were growing up. If our parents or trusted adult relatives didn't give it to us, we weren't supposed to touch it.

Another firm rule, strictly enforced: Stay OUT of the medicine cabinet. They didn't have safety caps on anything when I was a kid.

Isn't it ironic? Our pharmacies now are forced by state law to put safety caps on all meds, even if there are no children around to get into them. This sometimes has lethal consequences. There was a lady awhile back who died because she couldn't get the safety cap off of her heart medication.

Glad your case turned out benign. You and your toddler are very, very lucky.

--mermaid
    20 gal. high: planted; 8 white cloud minnows, 10 RCS, 2 blue shrimp, several snails; AC50, Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 7 rosy barbs, 6 glofish,, 2 zebra danios, 6 rosy red (fathead) minnows, 3 dojo loaches, several snails; AC110 x 2.

0 Not allowed!
    Glad to hear everything is OK...bring on the spicy nachos!
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

1 Not allowed!
    Yeah it could have been scary if it was any number of other medicines we have in our cabinet. They were like capsules not chewables. She tends to think that anything small is some type of candy.

It's my fault. I'm the one who takes it and I had to be the one to leave it within her reach. I'm happy in a way that it happened because it will make me be more diligent in the future and we can avoid something worse happening with a pain reliever or other prescription medication.

Mermaid we do all the grocery shopping for my grandma and when we get home from a shopping trip we line all of her medications up on the counter, loosen the lids, and just gently place them on top of the bottles for that same reason. She can't get any of them open without help.
    ~Manna
    10 gallon live planted aquarium with 6 neons
    90 gallon fw community in progress

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    At least your kids took meds meant for people. My son drank about half a bottle of Ick Guard II last year, the kind for scaleless fish. We freaked out over that, poison control told us the same thing, just to monitor. Apparently since Ick Guard II is pH neutral it doesn't have lots of the bad stuff in it.

I am really glad your kiddo is okay. People always come over to our house and wonder why there isn't more stuff in the main rooms of the house....easy answer...our kids will find ways to hurt themselves with almost anything.

Good luck!

0 Not allowed!
    So scary, I'd have been freaking out too! Having twin toddlers right now I'm always on guard... But I know all it takes is a minute. Don't beat yourself up too much... Crap happens.
    Don't poke the crazy

Awards Showcase

for posting that article, I laughed so much!!!!!!!! - ScottishFish Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff 
    For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    Glad it wasn't serious. Yup...keep things locked up AND have strict rules in place...

My kids are grown up...but the kittens are still kittens. Did you know they will eat packing peanuts? I do now...
    55 g Goldfish Tank - 5 Fancies, 2 Dojos
    25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed

0 Not allowed!
    Haha Rue that was awesome. Luckily all the packing peanuts we have around are the biodegradable cornstarch kind.
    ~Manna
    10 gallon live planted aquarium with 6 neons
    90 gallon fw community in progress