· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Anyone else on demand hot water?

0 Not allowed!
    We recently changed out Gas heater, Central Air but most importantly our hot water heater. Gone is the big tank and in its place 3 x 3 foot box on the wall. It really opened up the floor in our utility room. The on demand unit delivers 6 gallons a minute at 120F flawlessly. It takes 20 seconds longer to get the hot water to the 2nd floor bathrooms but it hardly noticeable and we don't even notice anymore. No longer constantly heating water, just as we need it. With the changes we made our hydro (electric) and gas costs have been cut by 40%. Ontario has the highest power rates in North America, incompetent Government downloading a 4 Billion debt via Hydro to the tax payer forced us to make the changes. The really funny part is 2 of the 4 Billion cannot be accounted for, and here the politicians can not be held accountable other than at the polls...
    Life is tough, it's even tougher if your stupid.
    If your not angry, your not paying attention...
    150G Cube FWLR (Morays) 75G Fresh (Bichers/Gourami) 24G Cube (Reef/Goby/Seahorse's/Garden Eels)
    10G Fresh (Beta)
    2 x 29G Breeders (cycling) to be ready for January 15

0 Not allowed!
    I'll have to consider a unit like that when I need to replace my HWT. How much did it cost compared to a tank heater?

0 Not allowed!
    We rent ours, cost is $5 more monthly than a 60 Gallon Tank. Pays for itself every month in savings on gas.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    150G Cube FWLR (Morays) 75G Fresh (Bichers/Gourami) 24G Cube (Reef/Goby/Seahorse's/Garden Eels)
    10G Fresh (Beta)

Awards Showcase

Can't give you any more rep, but well said! - steeler58 Thank again!! You seem to enjoy your coffee. - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - Compass this doesnt look like pie... not the right kind.. - Sandz for providing solid guidance to others - RiversGirl 
    Thanks for the rep! :) - Compass cheers - Fishhook Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass No Message - Fishhook beeeeeeeer! - Sandz 
    Bottoms up! (even though you don't drink, lol) - Slaphppy7 We miss you... - Compass thank you for the filter! - RiversGirl for the fun game! - SeaLady Thank you very very much!! - Compass 
    Love the games. Thank you :) - rebecca_finny TGIF! - showmebutterfly Thanks for your help & points. - metweezer Nice to see you around again. enjoy the pie - fishmommie Thanks! :) I try! - Compass 

0 Not allowed!
    Isn't that the kind Walt installed on Breaking Bad?
    When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Brutal honesty will be shown on this screen.
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Tolerance is a great thing to have, so is the ability to shut up.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Awards Showcase

Asking good questions, keep it up! - Slaphppy7 Congrats on the tank move - Slaphppy7 Thanks for being the 2000th poster on the 40B! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Stay warm!! - DeboraBremner Here's to good friends, and new fish! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 
    Hey FT, haven't seen your mug around here lately.  Hope everything's ok! - KevinVA 

0 Not allowed!
    I am looking at something like this in the future when we replace our water heater down the road. But unfortunately for us we have electric only and no natural gas so the electric ones aren't as good at heating the water. But then again we just built our house 2 years ago, so we got some time before we need to think about replacing it. So that should give us some time to allow them to get more efficient.
    Current tanks:
    37G FW - 3 Pearl Gourami, 4 Black Mollies, approximately 20+ Molly Fry, 5 Assassin Snails | 10G Planted FW - 14 Molly Fry, rocks, DW and an Anubias Nana - journal
    "We come from the land of the ice and snow" | "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage | What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
    How to cycle without fishies!

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mommy1 View Post
    Isn't that the kind Walt installed on Breaking Bad?
    I'd have to ask the wife, I wasn't a big fan as I just can't stand commercials when watching TV. I tolerate the ads for Ancient Aliens as to me it's funnier than pretty much anything on the Networks...on that note, the 1st seasons are on Netflix and I may give it a go. I know how it ends but I guess we all could see that coming based on the premiss.
    10G Fresh (Beta)

0 Not allowed!
    Let’s be careful not to turn this into a political discussion.

Glad to see the tankless water heater is saving you some $$$ Surfdog. Depending on the household demands, they don’t always save people money.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry Cliffmiester, I have so much loathing and disgust for our politicians. It truly is their policy's on energy that made us go out and spend 10k for new AC and Furnace with an unlimited speed fan as well as the on demand. I was unintentionally explaining the why we did it....
    10G Fresh (Beta)

0 Not allowed!
    haha, too funny, just saw this now!

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    That looks great. Our gas water heater is nearing the end of its life and I definately want to go tankless when it does go. Excited to see a positive review.