· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Awards Showcase

hopefully this one shows up. - KingFisher It's the closest thing I could find to a snowflake. - Taurus Happy Birthday Girl. Wishing you many more. Ya thats why the Champagne is in play. hehehe - Strider199 For piping up - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - gadget228 Thank you and Happy Holidays! - KingFisher Merry x-mas and a Happy New Year Trillianne - Strider199 Happy New Year!!! - Rue 
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Thanks for the Rep! - steeler1 Thanks, and one for you too. - mommy1 lol - 5 steps to gift giving.  We should eat more bananas... potassium and all that. - KevinVA 
    Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 No Message - Fishhook A Birthday Bunny. - gadget228 Thanks for the rep! :) - Compass 

0 Not allowed!
    When I was first looking at getting one, there were mixed reports on the possibility of captive breeding, and there was lots of talk about how delicate of fish they are; frankly it was rather intimidating. The best advise I got was to really pay attention to their condition when you are shopping and ask if they are feeding normally/watch them fed.

But overall he's done well. I have at one point completely tore down and redid that tank. There is a rubbernose, SAEs and kuhlis in the tank and he doesn't seem to pay them much mind, so I'd say he's good with other bottom dwellers, though they apparently can be territorial with their own kind.

0 Not allowed!
    Just beautiful!

0 Not allowed!
    Nice looking fresh water fish!
    Life is tough, it's even tougher if your stupid.
    If your not angry, your not paying attention...
    150G Cube FWLR (Morays) 75G Fresh (Bichers/Gourami) 24G Cube (Reef/Goby/Seahorse's/Garden Eels)
    10G Fresh (Beta)
    2 x 29G Breeders (cycling) to be ready for January 15

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Nice pleco, I've noticed plecos are very individual in in how fast they grow some are slow some are fast. I find the bigger the tank you put them in the faster they grow probably because of more oxygen in the water.

Awards Showcase

hopefully this one shows up. - KingFisher It's the closest thing I could find to a snowflake. - Taurus Happy Birthday Girl. Wishing you many more. Ya thats why the Champagne is in play. hehehe - Strider199 For piping up - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - gadget228 Thank you and Happy Holidays! - KingFisher Merry x-mas and a Happy New Year Trillianne - Strider199 Happy New Year!!! - Rue 
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Thanks for the Rep! - steeler1 Thanks, and one for you too. - mommy1 lol - 5 steps to gift giving.  We should eat more bananas... potassium and all that. - KevinVA 
    Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 No Message - Fishhook A Birthday Bunny. - gadget228 Thanks for the rep! :) - Compass 

0 Not allowed!
    Gold Nuggets have a reputation of being slow growers, to the point that there are people that would claim they didn't grow in captivity.

Mine has been in a 65g since he came home from the store. I feed wafers, fresh veg and he has lots of wood and some algae to munch on.

0 Not allowed!
    Love it! Gold Nuggets were at the top of my list when I got into the hobby. Costs and the fear of killing it due to inexperience led me to choose easier fish. I'd jump at a good deal on one of those now days. Still love 'em. =]
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

0 Not allowed!
    Stunning fish. I just wonder how long it will take until the L number mess will get straighten out. I expect the gold nugget will prove to be at leats two species since I seen some huge specimens that definitively isn't the norm.
    Do as I say. Not as I do.

0 Not allowed!
    In that case, keep us updated on its growth! =] Now I'm curious.
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    It's such a pain as well to keep a pleco without it accidentally getting a chip off of it's tail as well. But wow, that looks magnificent. You definitely took care of it right, congrats

Awards Showcase

1 Not allowed!
    Today "Spot" the Gold Nugget was showing his belly on the front of the glass, so it was a good chance to do a belly side compare.

April of 2010:

June 2014: