· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: RCS in 10 gal

Awards Showcase

Asking good questions, keep it up! - Slaphppy7 Congrats on the tank move - Slaphppy7 Thanks for being the 2000th poster on the 40B! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Stay warm!! - DeboraBremner Here's to good friends, and new fish! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 
    Hey FT, haven't seen your mug around here lately.  Hope everything's ok! - KevinVA 

0 Not allowed!
    tying it down to rocks and or driftwood works well. Or you can use modders mesh to make something like a moss wall.
    Current tanks:
    37G FW - 3 Pearl Gourami, 4 Black Mollies, approximately 20+ Molly Fry, 5 Assassin Snails | 10G Planted FW - 14 Molly Fry, rocks, DW and an Anubias Nana - journal
    "We come from the land of the ice and snow" | "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage | What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
    How to cycle without fishies!

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    ok where's the best place to buy java moss?

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    If you can try to get it from a private seller who has taken it from a shrimp tank. In the UK (I don't know if its the same for you) quite often plants in lfs are treated with copper based solutions to get rid of pest snails which, even in small amounts, can cause shrimp deaths once inside the tank. If this isn't possible for you, when you go to buy the moss from your lfs check to see if their plant tanks have snails in. If they do then its likely the plant will be shrimp safe, if not ask to see if they have treated the plants to get rid of snails.

Also some medications contain copper so if you have to treat the tank with the shrimp in the future, check to make sure the medication doesn't contain copper.
    • 20 gallon: Posh shrimp tank:2 panda taiwan bee shrimp, 14 F1 hybrid bee shrimps and MTS
    • 15 gallon: 1 Pair German Blue Ram, 9 Harlequin Rasbora, 1 Threadfin Rainbowfish, a lot of cherry shrimp and MTS

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    ok I think I have to order it because my LFS just opened there plant section and it is cycling. which site is better to order it from which comes with more and is better quality these are the sites www.eliteinverts.com, www.aquariumplants.com, or www.aquaticjungles.com?

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Although I have never used any so cannot comment on the quality etc. Since eliteinverts are freshwater invert focused, it is extremely likely that plants from them would be shrimp safe.
    • 20 gallon: Posh shrimp tank:2 panda taiwan bee shrimp, 14 F1 hybrid bee shrimps and MTS
    • 15 gallon: 1 Pair German Blue Ram, 9 Harlequin Rasbora, 1 Threadfin Rainbowfish, a lot of cherry shrimp and MTS

Awards Showcase

Asking good questions, keep it up! - Slaphppy7 Congrats on the tank move - Slaphppy7 Thanks for being the 2000th poster on the 40B! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Stay warm!! - DeboraBremner Here's to good friends, and new fish! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 
    Hey FT, haven't seen your mug around here lately.  Hope everything's ok! - KevinVA 

0 Not allowed!
    alot of people here use Aquabid - like ebay for fish stuff

other sites -
    http://shop.plantedaquariumscentral....nts-_c_12.html
    http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/a...lies.cfm?c=768
    Current tanks:
    37G FW - 3 Pearl Gourami, 4 Black Mollies, approximately 20+ Molly Fry, 5 Assassin Snails | 10G Planted FW - 14 Molly Fry, rocks, DW and an Anubias Nana - journal
    "We come from the land of the ice and snow" | "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage | What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    ok I'm going to order the java moss from eliteinverts.com. I can't find the shrimp anywhere everywhere out of stock I want to get them from www.breedinusa.com

0 Not allowed!
    What type of shrimp are you looking for?

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    based on the title of the thread I am guessing Red Cherry Shrimp
    Current tanks:

0 Not allowed!
    Ah would help if I could read. In the USA? (Can't see location on the phone) if so I can get you a decent price on shrimp and possible java moss (I have to check on the moss)