· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Asking good questions, keep it up! - Slaphppy7 Congrats on the tank move - Slaphppy7 Thanks for being the 2000th poster on the 40B! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Stay warm!! - DeboraBremner Here's to good friends, and new fish! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 
    Hey FT, haven't seen your mug around here lately.  Hope everything's ok! - KevinVA 

Default The I hate winter thread

0 Not allowed!
    So as everyone knows or if they haven't heard I have horrible news. That pesky groundhog in PA predicts 6 more weeks of crappy winter. And as we are only just getting past the halfway point of everyones favorite season, I figured we could have a place to vent about it. I am sure the kids are enjoying all the snow days but just got me heating bill for the last month. The electric bill alone was triple my 12 month running average .

At least this last blast swung south of us, but what I wouldn't give to have at least 2 days in a row when the temp never drops below zero. But we are experiencing one of the top 10 coldest winters on record for up here.

so what gripes do you have so far this year.
    Current tanks:
    37G FW - 3 Pearl Gourami, 4 Black Mollies, approximately 20+ Molly Fry, 5 Assassin Snails | 10G Planted FW - 14 Molly Fry, rocks, DW and an Anubias Nana - journal
    "We come from the land of the ice and snow" | "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage | What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
    How to cycle without fishies!

1 Not allowed!
    I feel for you. hating winter is one of the main reasons that i left the north.
    Do as I say. Not as I do.

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas!  Hope you and your family have a great one! - KevinVA Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 I can't send you a real one, sorry for your loses - steeler1 
    Happy belated Birthday. - steeler58 Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 Sorry for you loss, wish it was a real one. - steeler58 It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA 
    It's fish flake friday, like the old days!! - steeler58 Beer makes monday not suck so bad.. - Sandz In honor of Steelers 5k posts! - Sandz Couldn't give you rep, yet, but you deserve it with your contributions in the Discus/Angel thread.  Thanks! - KevinVA T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    Just for you being you! - Slaphppy7 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Have a Rummy nose for oldtimes sake ;-) - steeler58 Congrats on 2,000 post! - Slaphppy7 Sorry to hear about the loss of your Cat :( - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Living in the same area as that pesky ground hog! Snow storm coming in at midnight then another on Sunday. As soon as the hb can retire we are out of here!!!

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    My daughter has had a bunch of its too cold to go to school days. Too much snow. So far our heating bill has only been 80 over normal, but the one for the super cold streak hasnt hit yet.

0 Not allowed!
    I don't usually hate winter, but too many days without seeing the sun does make me grumpy. And THIS winter, we never seem to see the sun, and it just keeps snowing, and snowing, and snowing...I hate shovelling!!!

!!!!!

0 Not allowed!
    Expecting a snow day here in MA tomorrow, and so far it looks like next Monday will be another. If I didn't have two small dogs to walk, I guess I could take it a little better just watching out my windows. But the smaller dogs don't seem to hold as much as the bigger ones! And as much as they want to (have to) go out, with the temps we've had, their poor little paws freeze and I find myself walking two 3 legged dogs from time to time. I feel so bad for them, but I can't do the bootie thing - they wouldn't stand for it.

I don't drive in the snow and have plenty of personal/vacation time to take as necessary. One more year to retirement and I won't have to worry about that anymore. But just wanting to get out for anything - shopping, visiting friends, etc - is horrible when there's a mountain of snow and it's freezing.

Awards Showcase

Asking good questions, keep it up! - Slaphppy7 Congrats on the tank move - Slaphppy7 Thanks for being the 2000th poster on the 40B! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Stay warm!! - DeboraBremner Here's to good friends, and new fish! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 
    Hey FT, haven't seen your mug around here lately.  Hope everything's ok! - KevinVA 

0 Not allowed!
    I moved up north when I didn't have a choice in the matter (I was still in school and my mom moved us up north so she could be closer to family etc) problem is I never left even after all these years. I just sort of settled in, my wife though while loving the warmer climates can't handle large cities well. And moving kids / careers is even harder. So here we stay until the kids are out of school at least I think. I am moving to a warmer and more mild climate when it is time to retire. Unfortunately that is still 30 years away.
    Current tanks:
    37G FW - 3 Pearl Gourami, 4 Black Mollies, approximately 20+ Molly Fry, 5 Assassin Snails | 10G Planted FW - 14 Molly Fry, rocks, DW and an Anubias Nana - journal
    "We come from the land of the ice and snow" | "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage | What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

Awards Showcase

Thanks so much. - metweezer here's to 14,000 posts :) - steeler58 For a Super-good idea! - Rue TGIF back at you :) - steeler58 TGIF!! - steeler58 
    TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF indeed - RiversGirl TGIF back at you! - Taurus TGIF back to you! - wgoldfarb TGIF - Taurus 
    right back at cha! - fishmommie TGIF back at you :) - steeler58 Happy B Day! - Taurus Which leaves on to ask which came first the cake or the beer! - Taurus Happy B-day buddy! - steeler58 
    Happy 51st...and many more! - Rue Congrats on your cycle!! - RiversGirl thanks - fishmommie Have a Cory for passing 15,000 post's; WOW!! - steeler58 Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    I'm tired of winter, too. It's gonna be below freezing AGAIN Friday morning

10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Here is the "local" weather for my neck of the woods for the city anyways...

forecast.JPG
    Current tanks:

Awards Showcase

Thanks so much. - metweezer here's to 14,000 posts :) - steeler58 For a Super-good idea! - Rue TGIF back at you :) - steeler58 TGIF!! - steeler58 
    TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF indeed - RiversGirl TGIF back at you! - Taurus TGIF back to you! - wgoldfarb TGIF - Taurus 
    right back at cha! - fishmommie TGIF back at you :) - steeler58 Happy B Day! - Taurus Which leaves on to ask which came first the cake or the beer! - Taurus Happy B-day buddy! - steeler58 
    Happy 51st...and many more! - Rue Congrats on your cycle!! - RiversGirl thanks - fishmommie Have a Cory for passing 15,000 post's; WOW!! - steeler58 Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenTundra View Post
    Here is the "local" weather for my neck of the woods for the city anyways...

forecast.JPG
    Can't be...those are soccer scores, or something...maybe some kind of Olympics stats (?)
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal