· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default AC-TV, Aquatic Community Television

1 Not allowed!
    Hey Everyone,

I realise I'm only new here and my suggestions and thoughts may not have a lot of weight behind them because of this. I only suggest this because It seems to me like the next step in Aquatic Community's progress toward being the leading website and forum on fishkeeping. If you guys take up the idea I will be around to help out and see it through to the end.

How awesome would it be to have videos of people talking about the various subjects of fishkeeping to go along with the many pages already on the website, not just in the forum. Not just videos pinched from other people but videos made specifically for AC, by AC people. Along with the standard sort of how to videos, It would be cool to feature up to a dozen different people, who each make a video every few weeks and can talk and share their tanks with everyone. To me theres more of a personal touch to it, rather than just words on a page. Theres more of a connection between people when you can see expressions etc. and this would bring the community closer. When theres a good question on the forum you could make a video, maybe including a few different peoples answers, in this day and age, a lot of people dont like to read long winded paragraphs, I mean, how much better would it have been if I just made a video, and read this aloud instead - at the same time you wouldnt notice my terrible punctuation and grammar.

I think the best way to start this, would be a new section of the website, dedicated to these videos, and then have the more prominant members of the community post an introduction video about themselves and their tanks, so people can get to know each other a little better. Then the next step would probably be to ask a few people if they would like to make a video journal about their tanks. I think it would be a good idea to take submissions from anyone who can make a decent video about something, be it a how to video or sharing knowledge or just a cool aquarium.

Keen to know what you all think.

Awards Showcase

Asking good questions, keep it up! - Slaphppy7 Congrats on the tank move - Slaphppy7 Thanks for being the 2000th poster on the 40B! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Stay warm!! - DeboraBremner Here's to good friends, and new fish! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 
    Hey FT, haven't seen your mug around here lately.  Hope everything's ok! - KevinVA 

1 Not allowed!
    Simple ones I could think of off the top of my head -

How to properly test water, cycling a tank, changing water, acclimating fish, cleaning filters, etc....

of course there can also be some on different freshwater setups - community, species, specific groups such as cichlids, etc
    Current tanks:
    37G FW - 3 Pearl Gourami, 4 Black Mollies, approximately 20+ Molly Fry, 5 Assassin Snails | 10G Planted FW - 14 Molly Fry, rocks, DW and an Anubias Nana - journal
    "We come from the land of the ice and snow" | "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage | What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
    How to cycle without fishies!

3 Not allowed!
    Uh-oh... we're getting close to video conferencing territory. lol Forums will be replaced by live conferences of people just talking to each other on a global scale. No longer will the written word be relevant and all of our information will be lost to history exactly like the Library of Alexandria! Except, of course... without fire. Otherwise, exactly like it... exactly.
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

Awards Showcase

Asking good questions, keep it up! - Slaphppy7 Congrats on the tank move - Slaphppy7 Thanks for being the 2000th poster on the 40B! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Stay warm!! - DeboraBremner Here's to good friends, and new fish! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 
    Hey FT, haven't seen your mug around here lately.  Hope everything's ok! - KevinVA 

0 Not allowed!
    How to videos I could live with. Some people like myself learn better by watching it versus reading it. Otherwise I find myself reading it like 30 times over vs just spending 30 seconds watching it done.
    Current tanks:
    37G FW - 3 Pearl Gourami, 4 Black Mollies, approximately 20+ Molly Fry, 5 Assassin Snails | 10G Planted FW - 14 Molly Fry, rocks, DW and an Anubias Nana - journal
    "We come from the land of the ice and snow" | "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage | What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

Awards Showcase

TGIF Indeed!!! - Compass TGIF It's Miller time and my lawn is mowed :P - Taurus Sorry for your loss :( - steeler58 To renew your energy from posting so much.  :) - WhistlingBadger TGIF back at you ;-) - steeler58 
    TGIF - showmebutterfly TGIF...too bad it only comes once per week :-) - Taurus TGIF indeed! - RiversGirl TGIF -- and TFAYH (thanks for all your help!) - wgoldfarb TGIF! - Compass 
    My first gift goes to you, hope you like the rummy nose :) - fish gazer Thanks so much. - metweezer here's to 14,000 posts :) - steeler58 For a Super-good idea! - Rue TGIF back at you :) - steeler58 
    TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF indeed - RiversGirl TGIF back at you! - Taurus TGIF back to you! - wgoldfarb 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

2 Not allowed!
    I'll have to contact my agent...I usually get paid for the use of my fabulous image ...JUST KIDDING, but I think it is something worth further discussion...could be neat, if it's not overdone
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

1 Not allowed!
    Yep, it could be successful, but it's time consuming. And time is costly!$@ You can never get it back... never ever. And you can take that to the bank.

That, and Matt charges a lot for his pretty mug.
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

Awards Showcase

1 Not allowed!
    Not to mention video costs a lot more to host and stream vs just text on a page. I am not taking into account Matt's royalties...
    Current tanks:

Awards Showcase

TGIF Indeed!!! - Compass TGIF It's Miller time and my lawn is mowed :P - Taurus Sorry for your loss :( - steeler58 To renew your energy from posting so much.  :) - WhistlingBadger TGIF back at you ;-) - steeler58 
    TGIF - showmebutterfly TGIF...too bad it only comes once per week :-) - Taurus TGIF indeed! - RiversGirl TGIF -- and TFAYH (thanks for all your help!) - wgoldfarb TGIF! - Compass 
    My first gift goes to you, hope you like the rummy nose :) - fish gazer Thanks so much. - metweezer here's to 14,000 posts :) - steeler58 For a Super-good idea! - Rue TGIF back at you :) - steeler58 
    TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF indeed - RiversGirl TGIF back at you! - Taurus TGIF back to you! - wgoldfarb 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    LOL....only $500 an hour, I find that to be quite reasonable
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

Awards Showcase

1 Not allowed!
    well since you forgot to include ongoing royalties, commissions and copyrights. That isn't to bad since it should only take a few minutes to make it....
    Current tanks:

Awards Showcase

hopefully this one shows up. - KingFisher It's the closest thing I could find to a snowflake. - Taurus Happy Birthday Girl. Wishing you many more. Ya thats why the Champagne is in play. hehehe - Strider199 For piping up - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - gadget228 Thank you and Happy Holidays! - KingFisher Merry x-mas and a Happy New Year Trillianne - Strider199 Happy New Year!!! - Rue 
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Thanks for the Rep! - steeler1 Thanks, and one for you too. - mommy1 lol - 5 steps to gift giving.  We should eat more bananas... potassium and all that. - KevinVA 
    Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 No Message - Fishhook A Birthday Bunny. - gadget228 Thanks for the rep! :) - Compass 

4 Not allowed!
    I don't think there is anything stopping or preventing you from making a video tutorial.

Sometimes the best way to try something out, is just to go for it and do it and then see the reaction.