· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Did a quick little video of the tank. Sorry for the poor visual quality as I recorded it on my phone and I know my tank needs a clean :D

• 20 gallon: Posh shrimp tank:2 panda taiwan bee shrimp, 14 F1 hybrid bee shrimps and 30 taitibee
    • 15 gallon:High tech planted tank with 7 forktail rainbow fish, 4 horned nerite snails and red cherry shrimp

Awards Showcase

My first gift goes to you, hope you like the rummy nose :) - fish gazer Thanks so much. - metweezer here's to 14,000 posts :) - steeler58 For a Super-good idea! - Rue TGIF back at you :) - steeler58 
    TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF indeed - RiversGirl TGIF back at you! - Taurus TGIF back to you! - wgoldfarb 
    TGIF - Taurus right back at cha! - fishmommie TGIF back at you :) - steeler58 Happy B Day! - Taurus Which leaves on to ask which came first the cake or the beer! - Taurus 
    Happy B-day buddy! - steeler58 Happy 51st...and many more! - Rue Congrats on your cycle!! - RiversGirl thanks - fishmommie Have a Cory for passing 15,000 post's; WOW!! - steeler58 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    Very nice!...I like that tank...the GBR's are so pretty, wish I had some
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

3. Default

1 Not allowed!

I'm really happy with how the stocking has turn out. I just hope I can pick up some female threadfins from my lfs Tuesday so they can display to them and not my harlequins haha.
    • 20 gallon: Posh shrimp tank:2 panda taiwan bee shrimp, 14 F1 hybrid bee shrimps and 30 taitibee
    • 15 gallon:High tech planted tank with 7 forktail rainbow fish, 4 horned nerite snails and red cherry shrimp

Awards Showcase

My first gift goes to you, hope you like the rummy nose :) - fish gazer Thanks so much. - metweezer here's to 14,000 posts :) - steeler58 For a Super-good idea! - Rue TGIF back at you :) - steeler58 
    TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF indeed - RiversGirl TGIF back at you! - Taurus TGIF back to you! - wgoldfarb 
    TGIF - Taurus right back at cha! - fishmommie TGIF back at you :) - steeler58 Happy B Day! - Taurus Which leaves on to ask which came first the cake or the beer! - Taurus 
    Happy B-day buddy! - steeler58 Happy 51st...and many more! - Rue Congrats on your cycle!! - RiversGirl thanks - fishmommie Have a Cory for passing 15,000 post's; WOW!! - steeler58 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    Let us know, and post back with more pics if you get some
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I will do :)

0 Not allowed!
    looks great, have the GBR already paired up? AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.. get those CRS out of the tank with the rams... my rams decided one day to wipe out my entire population of RCS in a 75g tank... and I know crystals are worth much more lol

7. Default

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Triton View Post
    looks great, have the GBR already paired up? AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.. get those CRS out of the tank with the rams... my rams decided one day to wipe out my entire population of RCS in a 75g tank... and I know crystals are worth much more lol

I'm not sure, they do swim together a lot but haven't shown any bonding behaviour that I've seen.

I was quite worried about putting the rams in the tank, did a little research on the pairing and came up with mostly "depends on the ram, some will and some won't." Hopefully mine will leave my shrimp alone. The shop that I got the rams from did have them in a tank with rcs and I saw no signs of shrimps being eaten let alone any interest in the shrimps. CRS/CBS are also slightly bigger than RCS so hopefully that helps. However at the first sign of any targeting the shrimp, they will be removed and re-homed swiftly.

Luckily in the UK the shrimp hobby has took off a lot in recent years and you can easily pickup cheap, high grade shrimp from private breeders. I picked mined up for around 2 each, whereas in a shop low grades can be priced from 4-6 each and I did have a high grade SSS smiley grade which can be anywhere from 15-20 but I managed to pick him up from a private seller for 3.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Really enjoyed the video. Very nice tank. You all have me seriously thinking about adding some shrimp somewhere :o)
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, pair kribs, & nerite snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: EBJD, congos, apple snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by fishmommie View Post
    Really enjoyed the video. Very nice tank. You all have me seriously thinking about adding some shrimp somewhere :o)
    It is definitely worth having a go at keeping shrimp. The range of colours and variations is unbelievable and most are suitable for small tanks.

0 Not allowed!
    Great tank, and gbr are so pretty. I'd definitely be concerned for those shrimp though, especially any shrimplets should they decide to breed.
    Don't poke the crazy