· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Nothing major. Once theyve settled in im going to quite a lot of bloodworm, tubiflex, etc to hopefulky condition them to hopefully coax them to pair up.
    • 20 gallon: Posh shrimp tank (under construction)
    • 15 gallon: 8 CBS/CRS, 1 Pair German Blue Ram, 9 Harlequin Rasbora, 1 Threadfin Rainbowfish, a lot of cherry shrimp and MTS

1 Not allowed!
    Very healthy looking GBRs and tanks, that's great to see. I hope the pairing works for both of you.
    When in doubt, do a water change.

"This ain't rocket science!"

3. Default

2 Not allowed!
    + to all. Great looking pair. Makes me want some. big sigh. So many fish. so little space
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Hello Aiden123, I was wondering how were your rams are doing after a week plus in your aquarium. Mine are kinda odd…I noticed that the female belly got wider and pinker and the male doesn't chase but bumps into her gently or the female will nip at his stomach sometimes and then they will rub on each other. Its really odd but awesome to watch but I can tell she isn't scared of him and goes off to hide. I think they are trying to figure out if they want to become a pair or already are one.

5. Default

1 Not allowed!
    Sounds like yours are showing pre-pairing behaviour. Hopefully they will pair up for you and spawn. Mine are doing great thank you, they actually spawned a couple of days ago and laid eggs which are due to hatch either tonight or tomorrow.

Sounds like both our tanks are doing well
    • 15 gallon: 8 CBS/CRS, 1 Pair German Blue Ram, 9 Harlequin Rasbora, 1 Threadfin Rainbowfish, a lot of cherry shrimp and MTS

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiden123 View Post
    Sounds like yours are showing pre-pairing behaviour. Hopefully they will pair up for you and spawn. Mine are doing great thank you, they actually spawned a couple of days ago and laid eggs which are due to hatch either tonight or tomorrow.

Sounds like both our tanks are doing well
    LUCKY!!!! That was fast! What is the temp of your water?

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yea I wasn't expecting it too happen for a while especially since the tank temp is only 24c which is on the cold side for GBR. I have seen online resources that stated they won't spawn below 26c so as you can imagine, i was pleasantly surprised.

By sounds of it, it may not be long before yours spawn. Look out for the females breeding tube protruding. At first I thought this was an illness of some sorts as it kept getting bigger daily but turned out she was just getting ready to spawn.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    oh gotcha! I try keeping mine around 79. Hopefully this isn't too hot for them and YESS I was going to ask you about that! It's sticking out!

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    CAM00178.jpg

Does it look like this?

If so it is likely she is getting ready to lay eggs in the next few days. Once the eggs have been laid you will notice a big change in behaviour. One or both will be in a very secure place (mine spawned at the back of the tank on a big leaf) and it will be very rare that both stray away from this spot. It is quite fascinating watching the parental behaviour.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    fish 1.jpg
    fish .jpg
    I don't know if she has already laid eggs already but if she hasn't I'm going to put a flat rock that I have left over from those other pieces I have in there and see what happens. They like to go in and out of all those fake plants I have in there because in the middle there is a lot of room to just chill so maybe she might of laid them in there but hopefully not. She prob wouldn't have came out in the open if she did.