· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by fishmommie View Post
    that's another way to tell a female from a male - pink bellys. and they might well be in a mating mood :o) The more colorful they become, the more chance that they are mating.
    These little guys are so much fun to watch and such colorful fish. I can understand why they are so popular for the freshwater aquarium. I did see a mated pair and I was going to bargain to buy them but I noticed both had bad Ich. I didn't want to introduce that to my aquarium so I passed. They were in a 5 gallon…I told the manager to switch them to another aquarium.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I got my pair two days ago and I agree 100% with you, they are such a lovely fish with the colouration and their behaviour is very interesting to watch.
    • 20 gallon: Posh shrimp tank:2 panda taiwan bee shrimp, 14 F1 hybrid bee shrimps and 30 taitibee
    • 15 gallon:High tech planted tank with 7 forktail rainbow fish, 4 horned nerite snails and red cherry shrimp

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiden123 View Post
    I got my pair two days ago and I agree 100% with you, they are such a lovely fish with the colouration and their behaviour is very interesting to watch.
    Do you mind posting some pictures of the little guys?, if you don't mind. I would love to see the little guys. They are like the clownfish for saltwater. Well to me at least.

4. Default

1 Not allowed!
    Yea sure :)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • 20 gallon: Posh shrimp tank:2 panda taiwan bee shrimp, 14 F1 hybrid bee shrimps and 30 taitibee
    • 15 gallon:High tech planted tank with 7 forktail rainbow fish, 4 horned nerite snails and red cherry shrimp

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yea sure :)
    Very nice on the pick ups. Are they a for sure pair or are you trying to get them to pair up like what I am trying to do….well hope for. Love those shrimps you have as well! They wanted 10 dollars per shrimp but they were really small so I stuck with the cherries. How are they doing in your tank so far?

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks :). I'm hoping they pair up, so far the signs seem good, they swim and graze together very often so fingers crossed. LFS seem to charge a lot for shrimps, even for low grade ones. So for all the tank inhabitants seem to be getting on, swim together with no signs of aggression between them. Are yours getting a long?

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks :). I'm hoping they pair up, so far the signs seem good, they swim and graze together very often so fingers crossed. LFS seem to charge a lot for shrimps, even for low grade ones. So for all the tank inhabitants seem to be getting on, swim together with no signs of aggression between them. Are yours getting a long?
    Very good! Yeah, mine are doing the same thing. Sometimes they go their separate ways then hangout with each other so its back and forth. Ill cross my fingers for the both of us lol! They are getting along with my other fish so so far so good.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Ill have my fingers crossed for both of us too :D

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Are you going to try any tricks to see if they pair up or just leave them to do it on their own?

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Are you going to try any tricks to see if they pair up or just leave them to do it on their own?
    I didn't know there was ways to so that! What are they? I would love to know.