· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Talking 12 Gallon Fluval Freshwater Aquarium

0 Not allowed!
    Hello everyone!
    First I would like to introduce myself… My name is Aaron, 22 Years old and I have kept saltwater aquariums before but it has been 2 years I have been out the fish game because I ended up with my gorgeous girlfriend so I couldn't afford saltwater anymore lol This past Christmas she bought me a 12 gallon fluval Edge and decided to go the freshwater route. Well it is all setup and I think I did a pretty good job the only thing is that I'm not sure if I got a male and female Blue German Ram. If you guys don't mind sharing with me your thoughts about these beautiful fish that I bought 3 days ago that would be amazing. Oh, the aquarium has been cycled. I actually updated the lightings because I was not impressed with the stock at all so I switched it out for the Fluvial Sea LED lighting. A LOT better if you ask me. Tank mates are:

6 small blue neon tetras
    2 Otocinclus Catfish (Algae Eaters)
    4 Cherry Shrimp

securedownload.jpgsecuredownload-10.jpgphoto 1.jpgsecuredownload-1.jpgsecuredownload-2.jpg
    Last edited by solizaaron18; 02-01-2014 at 08:01 PM.

0 Not allowed!
    The tank is a bit on the small side so you'll need to pay attention to water quality. They're a beautiful pair though and the tank looks great.

http://www.seriouslyfish.com/species...agus-ramirezi/
    When in doubt, do a water change.

"This ain't rocket science!"

Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California

Awards Showcase

the Bleeding blue makes an appearance at last! - RiversGirl And one for you for as well. :) - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 To new fishies and gambling addictions! lol - Compass Good to see your still at it. - Strider199 
    Happy 2 year anniversary! - Slaphppy7 Congratualtions on 2 years at the AC.  We are all better for it! - fishmommie Happy 2nd anniversary. to Many more - SeaLady for the thing in your signature about saandy hook, i was in elementary during that time. - aquariumlover10 Thanks for the bucks!! - SeaLady 
    No Message - RiversGirl New fishys - SeaLady Congrats on 7,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 TGIF! - Taurus TGIF! - Taurus 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Yes! TGIF - Compass TGIF Back at brother. ;-) - Taurus It's almost beer:30. - Taurus Here's a neon :) - rebecca_finny 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    + 1 to Taurus, great advice on water quality. Just keep an eye on them for any bullying that might arise.

Nice little tank by the way.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.” ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    securedownload.jpgphoto.JPG

Here a same pics but blown up to get a better look.

The water Ammonia is 0, Nitrite is 0 and PH is at 6.2

What happens if they start picking on on another? I hope that isn't the case. So far they stick around each other.
    Last edited by solizaaron18; 02-01-2014 at 08:21 PM.

Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California

Awards Showcase

the Bleeding blue makes an appearance at last! - RiversGirl And one for you for as well. :) - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 To new fishies and gambling addictions! lol - Compass Good to see your still at it. - Strider199 
    Happy 2 year anniversary! - Slaphppy7 Congratualtions on 2 years at the AC.  We are all better for it! - fishmommie Happy 2nd anniversary. to Many more - SeaLady for the thing in your signature about saandy hook, i was in elementary during that time. - aquariumlover10 Thanks for the bucks!! - SeaLady 
    No Message - RiversGirl New fishys - SeaLady Congrats on 7,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 TGIF! - Taurus TGIF! - Taurus 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Yes! TGIF - Compass TGIF Back at brother. ;-) - Taurus It's almost beer:30. - Taurus Here's a neon :) - rebecca_finny 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Didn't mean to stress you but they can be territorial, sometimes you get no problems and other times you do, if they are a pair, your chances are better for them to be compatible.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.” ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by steeler1 View Post
    Didn't mean to stress you but they can be territorial, sometimes you get no problems and other times you do, if they are a pair, your chances are better for them to be compatible.
    Oh no not at all, I just wondering what would happen if that were to happen. They are male and female?

0 Not allowed!
    Look like a a pair (male, female) to me. If it turns out that they are not compatible, you'll probably have to relocate one to another tank. Just keep a close on them and if one starts to bully the other, be prepared to move one.
    When in doubt, do a water change.

"This ain't rocket science!"

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    generally the mail has a long, pointed end on his dorsal fin. His tail fin is also more pointed than round.
    the female's dorsal is rounded in the end and not as long. same with her tail fin.

nice pair. I ditto what everyone else said. good luck with them and watch them close.

I like the scaping in the tank. I may try that sometime with live plants.
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Will do, thank you all for your responses! I will make sure I keep a close eye on them. One question…the male seems to twitch in front of her. How come he does this? Maybe trying to pair with her. She has a nice pink spot on her stomach.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by solizaaron18 View Post
    Will do, thank you all for your responses! I will make sure I keep a close eye on them. One question…the male seems to twitch in front of her. How come he does this? Maybe trying to pair with her. She has a nice pink spot on her stomach.
    that's another way to tell a female from a male - pink bellys. and they might well be in a mating mood :o) The more colorful they become, the more chance that they are mating.
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492