· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    I think most people fill them right up to the black trim or the top of the tank.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    I used to have zebra danios that would go into the filter. If they do we can address that issue without too much problems :)
    The Dirty 75
    11 Parva Rainbow, 2 Platies, 14 Sterbai, 4 Calico BN Pleco
    My Triple 10 Stack
    My First AC Thread

1 Not allowed!
    The acrylic tanks I fill about 1/2" from the top...mainly to leave an air pocket for gas exchange due to the molded tops. Glass tanks I fill as full as I can get them. I hate to see a water line on a glass tank with black trim....now if it were a trimless tank or acrylic it doesnt bother me.

Also if you wanna see some crazy microbubbles plug in a CO2 setup to a venturi powerhead, your tank looks like a shaken bottle of sprite
    20G High-Tech Planted|50G High-Tech Planted|50G Goldfish Tank|56G Column Low-Tech Planted

4x75Gs coming soon

Awards Showcase

Asking good questions, keep it up! - Slaphppy7 Congrats on the tank move - Slaphppy7 Thanks for being the 2000th poster on the 40B! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Stay warm!! - DeboraBremner Here's to good friends, and new fish! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    I fill mine to just above the black trim as well
    Current tanks:
    37G FW - 3 Pearl Gourami, 4 Black Mollies, approximately 20+ Molly Fry, 5 Assassin Snails | 10G Planted FW - 14 Molly Fry, rocks, DW and an Anubias Nana - journal
    "We come from the land of the ice and snow" | "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage | What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
    How to cycle without fishies!

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I always fill all of my tanks to a little above the black trim with the hope of not having to top them off during the week. But I had a rude awakening the other day when I filled my 15. I filled it a little higher than just above the bottom of the trim. Turns out, it was full enough to touch the top of the glass and apparently the trim was not 100% secured. I had left the room for a couple of hours and when I came back there was water running down the front of the tank and dripping onto the floor and under the clear plexiglass sheet I have under the tank to protect the wooden cabinet top.
    Because there was no tight seal between the trim on the inside and the glass, water had seeped in between and leaked out.

I had to almost empty the tank, move it, dry out my wooden cabinet top -- well, we've all been there in one way or another. It was a mess.

Moral - be careful not to fill it too high :o)
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by fishmommie View Post
    I always fill all of my tanks to a little above the black trim with the hope of not having to top them off during the week. But I had a rude awakening the other day when I filled my 15. I filled it a little higher than just above the bottom of the trim. Turns out, it was full enough to touch the top of the glass and apparently the trim was not 100% secured. I had left the room for a couple of hours and when I came back there was water running down the front of the tank and dripping onto the floor and under the clear plexiglass sheet I have under the tank to protect the wooden cabinet top.
    Because there was no tight seal between the trim on the inside and the glass, water had seeped in between and leaked out.

I had to almost empty the tank, move it, dry out my wooden cabinet top -- well, we've all been there in one way or another. It was a mess.

Moral - be careful not to fill it too high :o)
    Yikes!! I've never thought of that!!

Awards Showcase

Asking good questions, keep it up! - Slaphppy7 Congrats on the tank move - Slaphppy7 Thanks for being the 2000th poster on the 40B! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Stay warm!! - DeboraBremner Here's to good friends, and new fish! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    Yikes that would be a nightmare
    Current tanks:
    37G FW - 3 Pearl Gourami, 4 Black Mollies, approximately 20+ Molly Fry, 5 Assassin Snails | 10G Planted FW - 14 Molly Fry, rocks, DW and an Anubias Nana - journal
    "We come from the land of the ice and snow" | "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage | What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
    How to cycle without fishies!

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I fill mine right up to the rim... :)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget228 View Post
    As full as I can get it.
    Me too. On large tanks, you lose a lot of water volume when you do not have them filled all the way up.

Liters to Gallons conversion calculator

"Keeping fish for any period of time doesn't make you experienced if you're doing it wrong. What does, is acknowledging those mistakes and learning from them." ~Aeonflame
    "
    your argument is invalid." ~Mommy1

Awards Showcase

Congrats on the award - Brookfish Thanks for the rep :-) - Celtic Fins Merry Christmas! - The Red Severum merry christmas - mommy1 Seasons greetings have a great christmas - Celtic Fins 
    Merry Christmas! - Lab_Rat Happy Holidays! - King Tut Merry Christmas! - rich311k Wishing You A Very Happy New Year!!! - Jill Happy New year. - Celtic Fins 
    Happy New Year to the forum 'funny' guy. AKA...MR. NYLONS. - gabbyguppy Congratulations on your rep star - Celtic Fins Another round for my friends - mommy1 Another day, another round for my friends. - mommy1 After all that virtual alcohol it's time to sober up with some virtual food - mommy1 
    Hope you are well man - robflanker Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 Happy Birthday - mommy1 Merry Christmas - mommy1 Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Jaster Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Jaster 

0 Not allowed!
    I fill all my tanks right to the black rim
    Angel breeder wanna-be