· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Asking good questions, keep it up! - Slaphppy7 Congrats on the tank move - Slaphppy7 Thanks for being the 2000th poster on the 40B! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Stay warm!! - DeboraBremner Here's to good friends, and new fish! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    So we are approximately 1 week later, I haven't noticed any new fin rot on the poor guy, however he still doesn't swim much. He come up for eating most of the time eventually. But otherwise just spends all his time resting on the gravel or will go in / under the decor to rest. Not sure what else I can do for it. Not sure how long it usually takes for them to recover but I hoped he would perk up some by now.
    Current tanks:
    37G FW - 3 Pearl Gourami, 4 Black Mollies, approximately 20+ Molly Fry, 5 Assassin Snails | 10G Planted FW - 14 Molly Fry, rocks, DW and an Anubias Nana - journal
    "We come from the land of the ice and snow" | "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage | What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
    How to cycle without fishies!

Awards Showcase

Asking good questions, keep it up! - Slaphppy7 Congrats on the tank move - Slaphppy7 Thanks for being the 2000th poster on the 40B! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Stay warm!! - DeboraBremner Here's to good friends, and new fish! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    any suggestions? I am worried that maybe the whole ordeal was to much for it - I think it lost about 90% of its tail from the initial infection and it is harder for it to swim around so it doesn't do much of it - all the other fish are fine though.
    Current tanks:
    37G FW - 3 Pearl Gourami, 4 Black Mollies, approximately 20+ Molly Fry, 5 Assassin Snails | 10G Planted FW - 14 Molly Fry, rocks, DW and an Anubias Nana - journal
    "We come from the land of the ice and snow" | "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage | What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

0 Not allowed!
    Can you put him a low current, flow QT or reduce the tank's current?
    When in doubt, do a water change.

"This ain't rocket science!"

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    not for another week, the only other tank I have is the 10 gallon that is still cycling. There isn't much current in the big tank either in the bottom except near the airstone. I could remove that for a week until the 10 gallon is ready though I suppose.

I don't have another means of holding him beside putting an airstone in a 1 gallon pitcher or something and that would be even more stressful.
    Current tanks:

5. Default

1 Not allowed!
    I once had a pair of rams and the male bit the female's tail so badly that it eventually all fell off. AFTER I separated them the female's tail grew back without any problem. just took a while
    Good luck. I think you've done all you can do. Continue to keep the water pristine with daily water changes if necessary. that will help the most right now.
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

0 Not allowed!
    I don't remember what type of filter you have on the tank, but as long as there's movement of the water surface, you don't really need the airstone if you're done treating with Pima\Mela.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    I have a tetra whisper 60 [rated for up to 60 gallons] which is a dual overflow filter. I had the airstone in there for a few months now actually with a 8" airstone. Basically gives a air bubble curtain on the right 1/3 of the tank. I could remove it if it would help.
    Current tanks:

2 Not allowed!
    The airstone is in tank for visual appeal? I think I'd try removing it. As long as the overflow from the filter is creating water surface movement, you don't need the airstone. You can always put it back at a later time. It might be causing unnecessary stress?

fishmamma is right, you just need to keep the water clean at this point with water changes.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Ok will try removing it tonight, may have to take it out for the pearls anyways once they get in the tank next week. I get plenty of water flow from the filter I know it looks like a waterfall when I am doing PWC's
    Current tanks:

0 Not allowed!
    Pearls as in pearl gourami?