· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Asking good questions, keep it up! - Slaphppy7 Congrats on the tank move - Slaphppy7 Thanks for being the 2000th poster on the 40B! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Stay warm!! - DeboraBremner Here's to good friends, and new fish! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    Well the fish in question is spending time just resting at the bottom of the tank now, hopefully can get the meds for it today and it turns around. All the other fish are just fine, So I am thinking it is some internal parasite. Unfortunately I don't have a spare filter and the 10 gallon is no where near ready to host fish.

EDIT - I used my tube wand to move a stuck floating plant that seemed to wake it up and it is swimming around again but it definitely doesn't have the energy as the other fish although it is still eating fine.
    Last edited by FrozenTundra; 02-01-2014 at 04:59 PM.
    Current tanks:
    37G FW - 3 Pearl Gourami, 4 Black Mollies, approximately 20+ Molly Fry, 5 Assassin Snails | 10G Planted FW - 14 Molly Fry, rocks, DW and an Anubias Nana - journal
    "We come from the land of the ice and snow" | "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage | What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
    How to cycle without fishies!

0 Not allowed!
    Hope he turns out ok...maybe he's just exhausted from all that mating?
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

Awards Showcase

Asking good questions, keep it up! - Slaphppy7 Congrats on the tank move - Slaphppy7 Thanks for being the 2000th poster on the 40B! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Stay warm!! - DeboraBremner Here's to good friends, and new fish! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    that could very well be - we have had 3 batches of fry in the last 2 months and 2 of the females are showing again.
    Current tanks:
    37G FW - 3 Pearl Gourami, 4 Black Mollies, approximately 20+ Molly Fry, 5 Assassin Snails | 10G Planted FW - 14 Molly Fry, rocks, DW and an Anubias Nana - journal
    "We come from the land of the ice and snow" | "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage | What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Stopped by Petsmart today while I was in the city - grabbed some Melafix and Pimafix - since it came to just over $22 before tax I grabbed an Anubias Nana for the 10 gallon tank I am working on which made if free with that $5 off $25 coupon that started this last week.
    Current tanks:

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Did another 30% water change as that was all I could really do with the bucket brigade [the sink was to full with other stuff to get the python on]

Then did a treatment of the melafix/pimafix combo. Will do 6 more over the coming week. Hopefully that does the trick.
    Current tanks:

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    One question - once the infection or whatever subsides (only dosed 2 nights now out of the 7 per the directions, been dosing nightly at 9pm) does the fin start to heal itself and grow back? I know it isn't instant but was kind of curious how quickly or lack there of they usually recover from this once it is treated.
    Current tanks:

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Even after you have it under control, you may see a little more fin loss just from the damage already done. But the fins will grow back and quite quickly, really.
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

0 Not allowed!
    How's the treatment going?
    When in doubt, do a water change.

"This ain't rocket science!"

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    I have 4 treatments in the tank now, I haven't noticed any further rot in the last day. It is still a lazy fish compared to the others in the tank but it still has no problems pushing his way around at feeding time.
    Current tanks:

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    7 treatments done and did a 50% water change today. The bottom half of the fin looks better already, the top half though looks like it just stopped degerating so hopefully the med did the trick.
    Current tanks:

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast