· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by serbusfish View Post
    I dont understand how he could be fine for a year at 25'c and now suddenly would need 27'c? and would all my other fish be ok with this temperature?
    You can google the profiles for your other fish and see what their min and max temp range is for each of them.
    as for why he was fine for a year ... it's not that they can't live in cooler water, it's just that for the long run, they do better in warmer water.
    And the temp may not be the issue. It may be something else. We only mention it because a lot of us have kept (or keep) bettas and have learned they prefer warmer water.
    Actually, it would be great it that was the problem. Easily solved.
    I'd still also try the prazi pro.
    Again, just shooting in the dark here and trying to come up with some suggestions to try.
    Good luck with him. He's a beauty
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

Awards Showcase

Happy Anniversary. - Strider199 <3 - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For being the 1500th poster to my thread!..thanks! - Slaphppy7 For the safe arrival of Judi's Discus!! - steeler1 
    Thanks for all your help - JoeH Merry Christmas! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - fishmommie Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Happy Holidays! - Rue Merry Xmas! - Sandz Merry Xmas You Filthy Animal!! - Hardy85 Congratulations, on MOTM!! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 
    Happy New Year - jeffs99dime Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 just because. - 1Sarah Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - gronlaura 

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by fishmommie View Post
    You can google the profiles for your other fish and see what their min and max temp range is for each of them.
    as for why he was fine for a year ... it's not that they can't live in cooler water, it's just that for the long run, they do better in warmer water.
    And the temp may not be the issue. It may be something else. We only mention it because a lot of us have kept (or keep) bettas and have learned they prefer warmer water.
    Actually, it would be great it that was the problem. Easily solved.
    I'd still also try the prazi pro.
    Again, just shooting in the dark here and trying to come up with some suggestions to try.
    Good luck with him. He's a beauty
    Good advice above. Also, after a year the lower temp may be taking it's toll on his health - 3 deg can make a big difference. Your white clouds are cooler water fish, top temp for them is 71 deg, so 77 is way out of their temp range. The 77 deg temp is toward the top of the temp range for your other fish.

I would treat with the PraziPro (as you have lost fish recently) and if possible, house the betta in a tank by himself at 80-82 deg. Then slowly (over several hours) lower your 29 gal tank temp to 75 deg (still too high for the white clouds, but better).
    My 75 gal Journal & My Dual 29 gal Journal
    My 75 gal - 10 Gold Pristella Tetras, 4 Scissortail Rasboras, 9 Neon Dwarf Rainbowfish, 5 Longfin Zebra Danios and 2 Regular Fin
    My Dual 29 gals, a work in progress - Tank 1 - Amano Shrimp, Peppered Cories, Tank 2 - Glowlight Danios and a Calico BNP

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I have put him in a hospital tank and am treating with swim bladder medicine. I asked my friend who runs a local fish store about betta temperate and he said never keep them above 27'c, otherwise their lifespan will be shortened, he's been keeping fish for over 20 years so im inclined to trust him.

Im going to try feeding pees to see if that helps, hope it does as he has no other symptoms besides sitting at the surface.

29 Gallon: Veiltail Betta, White Cloud Minnows, Neon Tetras, Honey Gourami, Rummy Nose Tetra, Bolivian Ram, African Dwarf Frogs, Amano Shrimp

6.4 Gallon: Halfmoon Betta

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    An update: turns out he's just lazy. In the hospital tank he has been swimming around normally as well as sticking himself to the filter, so he is now back in the main tank.

To be fair he is quite large now and his fins are really long, so im not surprised he gets tired.

29 Gallon: Veiltail Betta, White Cloud Minnows, Neon Tetras, Honey Gourami, Rummy Nose Tetra, Bolivian Ram, African Dwarf Frogs, Amano Shrimp

Awards Showcase

Asking good questions, keep it up! - Slaphppy7 Congrats on the tank move - Slaphppy7 Thanks for being the 2000th poster on the 40B! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Stay warm!! - DeboraBremner Here's to good friends, and new fish! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    Good to hear. fish can be like people in so many ways, aggressive, timid, lazy, etc...
    Current tanks:
    37G FW - 3 Pearl Gourami, 4 Black Mollies, approximately 20+ Molly Fry, 5 Assassin Snails | 10G Planted FW - 14 Molly Fry, rocks, DW and an Anubias Nana - journal
    "We come from the land of the ice and snow" | "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage | What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
    How to cycle without fishies!

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    When you say: "sticking himself to the filter" do you mean he ends up sucked up against the filter intake?
    If so, then something is wrong. Unless you have a large capacity filter running that sucks him in, no fish should so weak that he can't pull away from the draw of the filter.

I hope I misunderstood you....and all is well.
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by fishmommie View Post
    When you say: "sticking himself to the filter" do you mean he ends up sucked up against the filter intake?
    If so, then something is wrong. Unless you have a large capacity filter running that sucks him in, no fish should so weak that he can't pull away from the draw of the filter.

I hope I misunderstood you....and all is well.
    My Beta is almost 3 and has never been stuck to the intake, at least not that I've seen. He's in his own 10 Gallon with an AC 20 on medium. Temperature 81F and he is always on the go. I even have a floating mirror toy he (fights with) I put in for 1/2 hour every few days. He too has long, flowing fins...
    Life is tough, it's even tougher if your stupid.

If your not angry, your not paying attention...

150G FWLR (Morays) 75G Fresh (Assrtd) 24G Cube (Reef/Goby) 10G Fresh (Beta)

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    No no he doesnt GET stuck to the filter intake, he swims over to it and sticks himself to it, so he doesnt have to swim around. He also has a leaf hammock he will sit on. He doesnt stay still for long though, just every now and again.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    bettas do have some strange behaviors, for sure. glad to hear all is well.