· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Xmas You Filthy Animal!! - Hardy85 Merry Christmas buddy! - KevinVA Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Merry Christmas Sandz! - Taurus 
    Happy birthday buddy! - KevinVA Happy B-day!! - steeler1 Happy Bday bud!!! - Hardy85 Have a little cake and ..... - fishmommie .... beer.  Hope it was a good one. - fishmommie 
    Happy Birthday!  Enjoy! - jeffs99dime I'll drink to that! - steeler1 Enjoy! - Hardy85 This one's on me... - Slaphppy7 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Here's to good friends, and new fish! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trillianne View Post
    This is absolutely not true.
    Ok let me reword it - its considered public property for "Fair Use"

http://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/c...online-images/
    "A classic example of fair use of an image to use online is product reviews. If you want to review a book, a new piece of technology, a food product or whatever widget, you’ll likely want to include a photo. But not some washed-out, overexposed, shadowy, laundry in the background kind of photo that you’d take.

So you head to the manufacturer’s website and right-click that image and save it to upload to your site. A photo will not substitute for the actual product, so the owner’s rights should be very minimally affected. Therefore, your right to use the copyrighted image would likely be permitted under fair use.*

Fair use is in place for the greater good, to allow copyrighted works to be used without permission for the benefit of the public."
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Xmas You Filthy Animal!! - Hardy85 Merry Christmas buddy! - KevinVA Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Merry Christmas Sandz! - Taurus 
    Happy birthday buddy! - KevinVA Happy B-day!! - steeler1 Happy Bday bud!!! - Hardy85 Have a little cake and ..... - fishmommie .... beer.  Hope it was a good one. - fishmommie 
    Happy Birthday!  Enjoy! - jeffs99dime I'll drink to that! - steeler1 Enjoy! - Hardy85 This one's on me... - Slaphppy7 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Here's to good friends, and new fish! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    Surfdog, how much would one of those suckers cost? Thats a crazy cool animal I didnt even know existed.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandz View Post
    Surfdog, how much would one of those suckers cost? Thats a crazy cool animal I didnt even know existed.
    Sadly they are impossible to keep. The can only survive in the Sargasso sea (going on my spotty memory here, lol) and hang inverted just below the surface. They feed on Box jellyfish and Man O' war (2 of the deadliest jellies) and as a result are toxic enough to kill humans. The photo of one on a hand amazes me, that person is either really brave or spectacularly stupid. If they could be kept I'd have them as well in a special tank just for them. Now, only a few marine research labs can house and sustain them.
    Life is tough, it's even tougher if your stupid.

If your not angry, your not paying attention...

150G FWLR (Morays) 75G Fresh (Assrtd) 24G Cube (Reef/Goby) 10G Fresh (Beta)

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Thats so sad that such a beautiful thing cant be brought to the masses.

1 Not allowed!
    Thats so sad that such a beautiful thing cant be brought to the masses.
    So true, and before anyone talks about taking things from the wild etc, this is a slug. There are millions of these critters and they have no predator other than us for research purposes. Ohh, did I mention they change colours too? Blue is their natural state. 😀

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Super cool - good find!

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffs99dime View Post
    Shoulda called it the Jimmy Durante fish! Cool none the less

Awards Showcase

lets see if you cann see this - William another test - William hope this works - William hopefully this one shows up. - KingFisher It's the closest thing I could find to a snowflake. - Taurus 
    Happy Birthday Girl. Wishing you many more. Ya thats why the Champagne is in play. hehehe - Strider199 For piping up - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - gadget228 
    Thank you and Happy Holidays! - KingFisher Merry x-mas and a Happy New Year Trillianne - Strider199 Happy New Year!!! - Rue Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 
    Thanks for the Rep! - steeler1 Thanks, and one for you too. - mommy1 lol - 5 steps to gift giving.  We should eat more bananas... potassium and all that. - KevinVA Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    Ok let me reword it - its considered public property for "Fair Use"

http://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/c...online-images/
    From the same article you linked only at the very top of the section on Fair Use:

Fair use is not the same as free use.
    ...SNIP...
    In Summary
    When it comes to photos, when in doubt, assume it’s subject to copyright and don’t use it without the appropriate permission. What it comes down to is that if you need to use another person’s image, make sure it fits clearly into one of the protected purposes or seek legal counsel if there is a significant investment of money or time in your project.

Fair use may be an exception allowing you to use copyrighted images, but chances are you’ll be in for a discussion or possibly find your site taken down by your host if the copyright holder disagrees.
    Fair use would apply to things like reviews as you quoted with the example from the article, not for just take any image you want off the internet and use it as you'd like.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    I dare ya to stick your finger in its nose...