· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 71 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinVA View Post
    It is waste... Waste = bio-load. You built your BB for a reason. So you could add livestock. Don't be afraid to add the livestock. lol
    Lol I know I know, but at $5 a pop, if I spent $25 then had them all die I'd feel bad in more ways than one.

1 Not allowed!
    Well, it's up to you. I've given you my advice, it's up to you what you decide to do. You'll be fine either way, but if you only stock 2-3 frogs now, you should wait about 2 weeks to add the rest.
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinVA View Post
    Well, it's up to you. I've given you my advice, it's up to you what you decide to do. You'll be fine either way, but if you only stock 2-3 frogs now, you should wait about 2 weeks to add the rest.
    Oh wow, I had no idea it'd take that long before I could add more. I figured I could just go a few days in between. Interesting.

Awards Showcase

Asking good questions, keep it up! - Slaphppy7 Congrats on the tank move - Slaphppy7 Thanks for being the 2000th poster on the 40B! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Stay warm!! - DeboraBremner Here's to good friends, and new fish! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 
    Hey FT, haven't seen your mug around here lately.  Hope everything's ok! - KevinVA 

3 Not allowed!
    it is because the bacteria very quickly will adjust itself to your population after the cycle is complete. so unless you stock fully right away you need to spread it out every couple weeks to prevent mini cycles.
    Current tanks:
    37G FW - 3 Pearl Gourami, 4 Black Mollies, approximately 20+ Molly Fry, 5 Assassin Snails | 10G Planted FW - 14 Molly Fry, rocks, DW and an Anubias Nana - journal
    "We come from the land of the ice and snow" | "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage | What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
    How to cycle without fishies!

1 Not allowed!
    I promise it would be highly unlikely for you to lose all your frogs. Even if you had a problem (which you likely wont) you might lose one and then be able to adjust before you lose the others or something.

Ask the pet store what their guarantee is on their fish. With petsmart if you bring in the dead fish within a certain time period they will replace it for free. I have had to do that a time or two when I got one that just wasn't right to begin with.

You can add them slowly a few at a time as well. You've prepped yourself for this so you get to do it on your terms. If you want to take it slow while you get confident with them, that's how you should do it.

I know how nerve wracking it can be to worry about the cost of your livestock. The first batch of fish I added to my 90 gallon tank after it cycled was about $130, and they all did great!

Btw good call on the log. So much better than before!

Also make sure you've got a pair of reptile tongs or a turkey baster when you buy the frogs so you can feed them. The store will likely recommend a tadpole pellet for them, but try to get some nice frozen bloodworms, beef heart or brine shrimp so you'll have something that will be easy to get them to eat after they've relaxed into their new home.
    ~Manna
    10 gallon live planted aquarium with 6 neons
    90 gallon fw community in progress

Awards Showcase

Asking good questions, keep it up! - Slaphppy7 Congrats on the tank move - Slaphppy7 Thanks for being the 2000th poster on the 40B! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Stay warm!! - DeboraBremner Here's to good friends, and new fish! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 
    Hey FT, haven't seen your mug around here lately.  Hope everything's ok! - KevinVA 

0 Not allowed!
    by the way good call on the log as well. I actually wasn't checking much this past weekend (few days) I have been slacking I know but thats what happens when I get engrossed in a new console game I kinda forget about my computer some.
    Current tanks:
    37G FW - 3 Pearl Gourami, 4 Black Mollies, approximately 20+ Molly Fry, 5 Assassin Snails | 10G Planted FW - 14 Molly Fry, rocks, DW and an Anubias Nana - journal
    "We come from the land of the ice and snow" | "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage | What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenTundra View Post
    by the way good call on the log as well. I actually wasn't checking much this past weekend (few days) I have been slacking I know but thats what happens when I get engrossed in a new console game I kinda forget about my computer some.
    Xbox or Playstation fan?

Awards Showcase

1 Not allowed!
    PlayStation - have a PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation Vita at home lol

my oldest kid has an original XBox though - I got it last year for his birthday for like $20 with 2 controllers and 6 games
    Current tanks:

1 Not allowed!
    Oh dear....how do you justify not having the latest Halo? I understand wanting a playstation, but over an xbox?
    You also have the obligatory Nintendo purchase with each new Zelda installment...
    ~Manna
    10 gallon live planted aquarium with 6 neons
    90 gallon fw community in progress

0 Not allowed!
    lol, I was torn with this latest gen release. PS4 vs XB1. I had an XB360 before, but opted for PS4 this time. I missed out on some goodies on PS3, but I'll probably miss the new Halos. Meh... the sacrifices we make. As for Zelda... I haven't played that since Ocarina of Time (but I must admit that I have a Wii U). =/
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

Page 71 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast