· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 52 of 1312 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354621021525521052 ... LastLast

Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

To new fish! - Slaphppy7   Second round ;) - Slaphppy7   It's a hot toddy. - Taurus   Here's to the "blue ribbon" tetra! - Slaphppy7   Hope you had a happy birthday! We are both March babies :) - discusluv   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Cliff, you would have loved this place, I bought my first Marine fish from them, yellow tailed damsels than a bicolor angel and a few others.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

“Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.” ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Season's Greetings! - Rue   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - Anders247   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   

0 Not allowed!
    Just by watching that video I know I would have loved that placed. A loss for sure !!!
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Asking good questions, keep it up! - Slaphppy7   Congrats on the tank move - Slaphppy7   Thanks for being the 2000th poster on the 40B! - Slaphppy7   Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199   Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Yea for the reason you stated cliff is why I shop at the local guy's store. Yes it is small and he doesn't have the biggest selection. But his willingness to order just about anything his suppliers carry even if it costs more for me than ordering on Amazon or the like, I am willing to support the local guys. I will only buy it else where if he can't get it.

The other plus is that he is willing to QT fish in his not for sale tanks as well which has been a help. This biggest downside though again is the selection and sometimes getting stuff in the dead of winter.
    Current tanks:
    37G FW - 3 Pearl Gourami, 4 Black Mollies, approximately 20+ Molly Fry, 5 Assassin Snails | 10G Planted FW - 14 Molly Fry, rocks, DW and an Anubias Nana - journal
    "We come from the land of the ice and snow" | "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage | What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
    How to cycle without fishies!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

To new fish! - Slaphppy7   Second round ;) - Slaphppy7   It's a hot toddy. - Taurus   Here's to the "blue ribbon" tetra! - Slaphppy7   Hope you had a happy birthday! We are both March babies :) - discusluv   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    The Wet Spot kind of looks like Capital, but you never forget your first big LFS. They only do freshwater though.

Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    -Vince Lombardi

“Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.” ― John Wooden

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Asking good questions, keep it up! - Slaphppy7   Congrats on the tank move - Slaphppy7   Thanks for being the 2000th poster on the 40B! - Slaphppy7   Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199   Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    This is probably the largest local fish store within 50 miles of me as far as selection goes (along with being over priced) - http://minicritters.com/pets/fish/

to bad they focus mostly on designer breed puppies, but the sell all pets. Some of the staff is fairly snotty and I wouldn't trust them with any tank advice. This is the place that had an employee said why would you ever cycle with ammonia? you may as well piss in your tank. Then he tried to sell me a $40 bottle of bacteria in a jug
    Current tanks:
    37G FW - 3 Pearl Gourami, 4 Black Mollies, approximately 20+ Molly Fry, 5 Assassin Snails | 10G Planted FW - 14 Molly Fry, rocks, DW and an Anubias Nana - journal
    "We come from the land of the ice and snow" | "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage | What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
    How to cycle without fishies!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Season's Greetings! - Rue   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - Anders247   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   

2 Not allowed!
    Cool video Steeler

FW or SW, makes no difference really.

I was once in our privately owned SW LSF when I overheard a customer asking to buy 5 or 6 different tangs for their 33 gallon tank. The employee tried to talk him out of it. When the customer insisted, the employee got the manager who talked them into ordering in a few more appropriate fish for a tank that size and the customer’s knowledge/skill level. When I latter talked to the owner about that situation, he stated he wanted a long term customer and not a quick sale, “quick sales don’t work out for anyone and they never result in a repeat customer”. By not allowing the customer to fail, it was a “win-win” situation. From that point on, that store owner had more than earned my all business that I can give him as long as his doors are open. I was even able to order all my FW plants through this store as all of his vendors also carried FW plants and fish. If this store would have been only FW, I would have a lot more FW tanks and no SW. LOL, I guess that makes me a little bit of a high maintenance customer !!!

Sorry of this is a little off topic, but I thought I would share.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Off topic....again have you read this Journal, LOL. Always glad to hear any success stories or talking fish in general. Good story.
    Last edited by steeler58; 02-15-2014 at 04:57 AM.
    -Vince Lombardi

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    LOL, while we are off topic, here is something along the lines of the next tank I want to set-up, but just shrimp and plants for stocking

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    What color would you go with?, seems like everybody keeps the "cherry", the blue velvet look interesting.

-Vince Lombardi

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    When you live 350 miles north of the USA / Canada boarder in the middle or no-where, you don't get a lot of choices to pick from !!!

At least there are a lot of fellow hobbyists in the area with red shrimp that I can trust as well as being able to order these guys from a local store.

I would love blue or yellow shrimp (forgot actual names), but I would sooner stick to something available locally or from a local store. Just waiting for my tax return to do this

Page 52 of 1312 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354621021525521052 ... LastLast