· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 21 of 154 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Yep, as pre-filter sponges. I liked them until they started to clog all the time. They were too flimsy and would get sucked up into the intake tube. ;/ That's why I tried something else.
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinVA View Post
    Yep, as pre-filter sponges. I liked them until they started to clog all the time. They were too flimsy and would get sucked up into the intake tube. ;/ That's why I tried something else.
    Hmmm...ok thanks for that, going to keep any eye on mine, just in case...were you using "blocks" or "wraps" of the sponge, if that makes sense?...I used the "wrap" style on the Eheim, and it hasn't gotten sucked in one bit...I'm trying the "block" style on the AC70, there's pics in my thread
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

0 Not allowed!
    I used the block style, in that I made a hole in the sponge and slipped it over the intake tube. What's the wrap style?

0 Not allowed!
    I cut a piece maybe 4" x 5" rectangle, maybe 1/2" thick...I wrapped it around the filter intake to where the edges met (kinda like a tortilla on a burrito?...but the edges met, they don't overlap) and then used 3 plastic tie wraps around the "burrito" to hold the sponge in place
    Last edited by Slaphppy7; 02-03-2014 at 09:18 PM.

0 Not allowed!
    Hrm... can you get a picture of that? I can visualize it, but I'd like to see what you mean by "meeting".

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinVA View Post
    Hrm... can you get a picture of that? I can visualize it, but I'd like to see what you mean by "meeting".
    Sure I can get a pic, but it might not be until Saturday...think of it this way...imagine 2 circles, one small one inside one larger one...if you drew a straight line from the small one to the large one, that is what the "seam" between the two "meeting" edges would look like, while viewing from the end of the filter intake

1 Not allowed!
    I actualy got my water changes done today, yay!
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by steeler1 View Post
    Here's another video of the 75g, at :14 you can see the Yellow phantom tetra that arrived with Rosy tetra's and at :29you can see some of the 8 "friends" I bought for him so he would not be "stressed", the sucker still schools with the Rosy's and wont pay any attention to his own kin, LOL.
    Another great video, Lee. Your tanks are so pristine and active. Every time I see your videos I think that if (God forbid) something ever happens to the stock in my 90, that I'd refill it with a ton of tetras and cory cats. Those cardinals are just gorgeous.
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

1 Not allowed!
    Thanks Cindy, I find that the bigger fish like you keep have actual personalities (wait to you keep marine fish) but there's a certain charm about the little fish and they are more "tame" to an extent, LOL.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Sure I can get a pic, but it might not be until Saturday...think of it this way...imagine 2 circles, one small one inside one larger one...if you drew a straight line from the small one to the large one, that is what the "seam" between the two "meeting" edges would look like, while viewing from the end of the filter intake
    I think I know what you're getting at. Though, you just explained it to me like you were explaining the building of a sump. lol

Page 21 of 154 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast