· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default algae wafers being swarmed by everything!

0 Not allowed!
    i switched the brand of algae wafers that I've been feeding my fish today. It seemed like the ingredients were better in the api algae wafers. I tossed a few into my tank and before I could turn the lights off everything was on them like they hadn't eaten in days! My neons, bloodfins, gouramis, white clouds... everything except for the clown plecos and corys. they were intended for the corys gouramis and plecos but... wow... are they just really good wafers or am i underfeeding my fish?

1 Not allowed!
    Good wafers probably. I bet they contain garlic and the others didn't.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    they do have garlic!

0 Not allowed!
    Talldutchie is correct, garlic seams to make fish more interested in any type of food

What brand of food did you switch to ?
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    lol I bought some more expensive wafers from LFS a couple months ago and same result - all fish, loaches and shrimp fighting for a piece of it.
    55g planted: 10x adult guppies + fry, 10x kuhli loaches, 7x black neons, 2x neons, 6x Amano shrimp, assassin snails & cherry shrimp

10g planted: Bael the betta & black devil trumpet snail

Awards Showcase

Asking good questions, keep it up! - Slaphppy7 Congrats on the tank move - Slaphppy7 Thanks for being the 2000th poster on the 40B! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Stay warm!! - DeboraBremner Here's to good friends, and new fish! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 
    Hey FT, haven't seen your mug around here lately.  Hope everything's ok! - KevinVA 

0 Not allowed!
    What are some recommended algae wafers? Like to get them for my fishies for the occasional treat.
    Current tanks:
    37G FW - 3 Pearl Gourami, 4 Black Mollies, approximately 20+ Molly Fry, 5 Assassin Snails | 10G Planted FW - 14 Molly Fry, rocks, DW and an Anubias Nana - journal
    "We come from the land of the ice and snow" | "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage | What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
    How to cycle without fishies!

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    it's API. There's a really limited selection here. I've been trying to order spectrum but that's not going very well. it should have been delivered by now and in complaining to my hubby about it he mentioned the store had refunded the money. no email or anything saying why they didn't ship and gave me a refund lol.

I'm glad i asked about the food because it was hard not to refeed them. they looked like they were starving lol

1 Not allowed!
    I also like hikari, advantage of that is that they sell it in small foil packets so that it stays fresh

Awards Showcase

My first gift goes to you, hope you like the rummy nose :) - fish gazer Thanks so much. - metweezer here's to 14,000 posts :) - steeler58 For a Super-good idea! - Rue TGIF back at you :) - steeler58 
    TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF indeed - RiversGirl TGIF back at you! - Taurus TGIF back to you! - wgoldfarb 
    TGIF - Taurus right back at cha! - fishmommie TGIF back at you :) - steeler58 Happy B Day! - Taurus Which leaves on to ask which came first the cake or the beer! - Taurus 
    Happy B-day buddy! - steeler58 Happy 51st...and many more! - Rue Congrats on your cycle!! - RiversGirl thanks - fishmommie Have a Cory for passing 15,000 post's; WOW!! - steeler58 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    I have the Hikari as well, but the only fish that show any interest are the corys and the BNP....snails get most of the algae wafers I offer
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

Awards Showcase

hopefully this one shows up. - KingFisher It's the closest thing I could find to a snowflake. - Taurus Happy Birthday Girl. Wishing you many more. Ya thats why the Champagne is in play. hehehe - Strider199 For piping up - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - gadget228 Thank you and Happy Holidays! - KingFisher Merry x-mas and a Happy New Year Trillianne - Strider199 Happy New Year!!! - Rue 
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Thanks for the Rep! - steeler1 Thanks, and one for you too. - mommy1 lol - 5 steps to gift giving.  We should eat more bananas... potassium and all that. - KevinVA 
    Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 No Message - Fishhook A Birthday Bunny. - gadget228 Thanks for the rep! :) - Compass 

2 Not allowed!
    The orange packet wafers from Hikari seem to get more interest from more of the fish (tetras/danios/etc), the green packet is appreciated by the bottom feeders but not so much the other fishes in my experience.