· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Just as William said, Morays are nothing like Ribbons and will take food readily. You will need long tongs/tweezers

ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1391281833.188446.jpg

As to adjusting your rock, don't bother. The eel will do it on its own and create a pathway and Nooks. It won't take long for it to have several favorite hang outs and you will see the Snowflake hanging out (1/2 the body) of the same spots. They like tight spots and I can understand why, what's a better defence than rock surrounding you? Don't expect to see it for a week after releasing into the tank, it's common for morays to hide in new environments. That said you may worry about death, illness etc. DON'T WORRY! These guys are tough and as I've mentioned before are bullet proof. Immune to Ich, Velvet, and many other common problems. You'll have a better chance in the beginning to spot it when it's lights out as they do free swim, a lot. A major bonus is they eat grocery store food, bought frozen and when on special. Costs me maybe $5 a week for all my Eels food wise. The food is thawing now, smorgasbord day as I'm feeding pacific white shrimp and baby octopus. Definitely two of their favourites. I peel the shrimp while 1/2 frozen as it's already veined so a pinch at the tail the shell pops off and I cut the octopus in half. Video should be up (I hope) just after dinner. 😄
    Life is tough, it's even tougher if your stupid.
    If your not angry, your not paying attention...
    150G Cube FWLR (Morays) 75G Fresh (Bichers/Gourami) 24G Cube (Reef/Goby/Seahorse's/Garden Eels)
    10G Fresh (Beta)
    2 x 29G Breeders (cycling) to be ready for January 15

0 Not allowed!
    Sounds a lot like the foods I'm currently feeding my lionfish

Thanks again for more info Surfdog

I think I have made up my mind to get one.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    I'm positive you won't be sorry. They have personality and like the Lion, will greet you when you approach the tank. Always feed the Lion 1st so when you put your hand in to feed the Eel it won't "pop over" for food. 😃
    150G Cube FWLR (Morays) 75G Fresh (Bichers/Gourami) 24G Cube (Reef/Goby/Seahorse's/Garden Eels)
    10G Fresh (Beta)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
    Sounds a lot like the foods I'm currently feeding my lionfish

Thanks again for more info Surfdog

I think I have made up my mind to get one.
    Video is up Cliff, I tried to coax the snowflake out as much as possible. He's the same size as the oscillated but is much more visible, does not hide nearly as much. Hope you like it bud and the Forum plugs I put into video, lol
    10G Fresh (Beta)

0 Not allowed!
    Great video Surfdog, thanks for posting it
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    The last and most important thing and I should have remembered: Unless you have a tight fitting top, don't bother. They are so curious especially when lights out they will leave the tank. I left the top up once by accident and luckily I could hear it when he hit a plastic supply box I had next to the tank. My glass top has slots in back for my airline, Intake and exhaust tubes as well as slots for the power lines to the powerheads. No openings is vital for these escape artists.
    10G Fresh (Beta)

0 Not allowed!
    Yes, I have read a lot about that as well. I think that is pretty common for most eels, or at least the ones that I have been reading about.

I already have tight fitting 1/2" thick glass tops on this tank (no gaps at all) along with fine plastic mesh on the intake of the internal overflow.

Thanks Surfdog

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    How much are snowflake eels up in Canada? I have a young one about 8 inches that's bullying my green spotted puffer at feed time so he is outta here. If its reasonable I'd be glad to send him to you as a way of saying thanks for answering all my dumb questions if you really still want one of these lil beasts. I am personally sold on the Zebra eels, I was lucky enough to get a big one that was hand raised.
    72g bowfront reef with 2 1/2 foot zebra moray eel, 2 clowns, blenny and goby, blue chromis
    65g reef with Greenspotted Puffer, baby snowflake eel, sleepyheaded goby, brittle starfish

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Roach View Post
    How much are snowflake eels up in Canada? I have a young one about 8 inches that's bullying my green spotted puffer at feed time so he is outta here. If its reasonable I'd be glad to send him to you as a way of saying thanks for answering all my dumb questions if you really still want one of these lil beasts. I am personally sold on the Zebra eels, I was lucky enough to get a big one that was hand raised.
    I would take him in a second but don't believe it's easy to ship here to Canada from Texas. I paid $29 for mine when tiny. That said, the quick fix is feed him 1st, lol, if you notice in my video mines a terror too, like he's going to be left out. And I've had him 3 years now! My snowflake is my favourite as he was my 1st, so he's special to me. I just wish you were closer, I'd gladly pay the freight.
    10G Fresh (Beta)

0 Not allowed!
    Ohh, almost forgot. I don't own any wild caught anything. All my critters are tank raised. I don't breed as I like diversity in my tank. And none will if in with different species.
    10G Fresh (Beta)