· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Snow Day!!

Awards Showcase

Asking good questions, keep it up! - Slaphppy7 Congrats on the tank move - Slaphppy7 Thanks for being the 2000th poster on the 40B! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Stay warm!! - DeboraBremner Here's to good friends, and new fish! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    I am still willing to send more cold and snow to anyone else who wants it. I got plenty.
    Current tanks:
    37G FW - 3 Pearl Gourami, 4 Black Mollies, approximately 20+ Molly Fry, 5 Assassin Snails | 10G Planted FW - 14 Molly Fry, rocks, DW and an Anubias Nana - journal
    "We come from the land of the ice and snow" | "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage | What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
    How to cycle without fishies!

1 Not allowed!
    Since we get to stay home tomorrow, I hope we do get a little snow...my daughter has only seen it once or twice in her life
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

1 Not allowed!
    Bad here (Ottawa) yesterday. White out conditions on the roads and our drivers act like they are mentally challenged on a clear nice day, so you can imagine what traffic was like. Took my son to bus transit stop to go to school (our buses have own roads) and what should be 3 minutes took 30...
    Life is tough, it's even tougher if your stupid.

If your not angry, your not paying attention...

150G FWLR (Morays) 75G Fresh (Assrtd) 24G Cube (Reef/Goby) 10G Fresh (Beta)

4. Default

1 Not allowed!
    Second day in a row schools are closed for wind chills of -40 or so. The problem is the buses have to pick kids up from over 15 miles away and if the bus breaks down all the kids would be very cold by the time a new bus could make it to them.

Awards Showcase

Asking good questions, keep it up! - Slaphppy7 Congrats on the tank move - Slaphppy7 Thanks for being the 2000th poster on the 40B! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Stay warm!! - DeboraBremner Here's to good friends, and new fish! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 

1 Not allowed!
    That is usually the reasoning here to, the last 2 days the windchills have been in the -30's. Yesterday they decided to go with a 2 hr late start and then today just as cold and normal times. if the windchills would have been 5 degrees colder it would have probably been no school.
    Current tanks:
    37G FW - 3 Pearl Gourami, 4 Black Mollies, approximately 20+ Molly Fry, 5 Assassin Snails | 10G Planted FW - 14 Molly Fry, rocks, DW and an Anubias Nana - journal
    "We come from the land of the ice and snow" | "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage | What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

0 Not allowed!
    28F here, wind chill of 19...gah, that sounds warm compared to what you guys are going through...everything is shut down, county buildings, court houses, as well as all of the schools

Awards Showcase

1 Not allowed!
    if we had everything shutdown when temps got as cold as it is there Slap - we would be closed from Halloween to Easter
    Current tanks:

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenTundra View Post
    if we had everything shutdown when temps got as cold as it is there Slap - we would be closed from Halloween to Easter
    Agreed. It's like Toronto calling in the army (disaster relief) if they get a foot of snow. Hilarious! We've had a few feet so far and expect a heck of a lot more.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1390924670.829825.jpg
    Life is tough, it's even tougher if your stupid.

If your not angry, your not paying attention...

150G FWLR (Morays) 75G Fresh (Assrtd) 24G Cube (Reef/Goby) 10G Fresh (Beta)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenTundra View Post
    That's hilarious, lol...I don't mean to keep harping on it...we just don't see this kind of weather often...maybe every 10 years or so

Quote Originally Posted by Surfdog View Post
    Agreed. It's like Toronto calling in the army (disaster relief) if they get a foot of snow. Hilarious! We've had a few feet so far and expect a heck of a lot more.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1390924670.829825.jpg

Gadzooks, SurfDog, how does Fido go in and out of his house??

0 Not allowed!
    We have accumulation!