· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    i picked him up today. it didn't look to good in the store. he was hiding in a crevasses in the rock and had it's fins clamped . but it was in a tank with some big cichlids ( jewels i think and a green terror) and i bit the bullet and got it.
    i introduced it into the tank after acclimating it for 1 hour +. he is doing a lot better already. he seems very peaceful, but my neon's for some reason are scared of it. the neons just always swim away from it even though he is not chasing them or anything like that. he has already found his cave and is staying in there. oh and i think it is a male. it doesn't have the spots on it's tail but he doesn't have a red belly and it's fins are not round but sharp. do all males have the spots on it's tail?
    i hear some people say, "i kept a goldfish in a bowl and it lived for a year."
    they don't know how lucky they were and all goldfish live at least 15 years in proper conditions.
    that is equal to saying my human lived in his closet for 5 years!

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    He is always in his cave, and I'm getting worried.
    He has only came out to eat when I fed frozen brine shrimp otherwise it doesn't eat
    It's been 3 days and I'm wondering if he is still acclimating or not
    they don't know how lucky they were and all goldfish live at least 15 years in proper conditions.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Can I get a response.
    I don't know why but you guys don't ever feel like answering me.
    What did I ever do?
    Im doing my best and listening to your suggestion's.

0 Not allowed!
    I'm afraid I don't know enough to offer any help, but I hope your new fish settles in soon
    50g planted: 8x guppy/endler hybrids, 8x black neons, 8x kuhli loaches, 3x otos, 4x pygmy corys, 4x panda corys, 4x neons, Assassin snails + cherry & Amano shrimp

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks, I've noticed he is coming out but as soon as he catches a glimpse of me he rushes very fast into his cave. And even after I leave he won't come out for another 30 minitues. Im going a water change today and hopefully that helps

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Still no real help thanks guys

Awards Showcase

Asking good questions, keep it up! - Slaphppy7 Congrats on the tank move - Slaphppy7 Thanks for being the 2000th poster on the 40B! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Stay warm!! - DeboraBremner Here's to good friends, and new fish! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 

1 Not allowed!
    some fish are just skittish. Some time turning the lights off / reducing current helps with some fish.
    Current tanks:
    37G FW - 3 Pearl Gourami, 4 Black Mollies, approximately 20+ Molly Fry, 5 Assassin Snails | 10G Planted FW - 14 Molly Fry, rocks, DW and an Anubias Nana - journal
    "We come from the land of the ice and snow" | "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage | What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
    How to cycle without fishies!

8. Default

1 Not allowed!
    Vafa...sometimes there are no simple answers. I'm no pro but your fish sounds stressed and I think the best you could do is keep your water pristine and provide lots of hiding spaces and possibly less light to allow the fish to calm.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks.
    Some questions are not straight forward and I get that but everyone has an opinion and that can help too

0 Not allowed!
    Honestly the Krib's behavior does not sound particularly surprising. All cichlids I have bought tend to behave in the same way. Only after weeks or even months do they lose their shy. It helps if you have other, bold fish in the tank that show there is nothing to fear.