· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    if i can find a some kribensis that will be my choice, but i don't know if a 20 gallon high would be enough room for a pair.
    if it isn't a single will do. i realise if i get a pair i will have to remove my fish if they start to breed, and that isn't a problem.
    oh yea, my neon's still doing strong.
    so can i get a pair?
    i hear some people say, "i kept a goldfish in a bowl and it lived for a year."
    they don't know how lucky they were and all goldfish live at least 15 years in proper conditions.
    that is equal to saying my human lived in his closet for 5 years!

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Hopefully I can answer some of your PH questions. One reason you are probably seeing your PH rise in your tank is that water out of your tap will almost always have a lower ph reading than when you test it in your tank 2 days later. Water out of the tap has a higher CO2 percentage and a lower oxygen percentage. Once the carbon dioxide has a chance to dissipate, replaced by oxygen the PH will rise. If you left your tap water in a bucket for 24-48hrs and then tested it you would probably get the same ph as in your aquariums. Alkaline buffers and acid buffers are not permanent. They alter the PH for a little while. Using a CO2 system is a better way to regulate your PH but for most fish keepers it is often the best is to leave the PH alone. There are certainly more details and more chemical analysis but hopefully this gives you a good idea.

hope this helps,
    jb

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    yes, i have heard of that, but in my other tank my ph is 7.2-7.4. in this tank something makes it rise higher than that to somewhere near 7.6-7.8.
    they don't know how lucky they were and all goldfish live at least 15 years in proper conditions.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    still no deaths, but i'm still gonna wait a week or two to see if everything is good before i add more fish.
    my favorite lfs (about 13km away from me) said they are gonna get a load of fish soon and expecting kribs too.
    i dont want to miss that so can some-one please tell me if 2 kribensis is appropriate for my tank. i have looked at a lot of different sites and about half say 20 is fine and the other half say that it's not.
    so a pair or one

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    im going to get a pair. if i shouldn't tell me but for the time-being that's my choise

Awards Showcase

Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 and gift - mommy1 Thanks for the rep - Cliff Thanks for the rep, have a cool one on me, Cheers - Cliff Thanks and a new fish for the tank - glarior 
    Thanks for the gorgeous slide show! - fishmommie Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff It's a Sudbury Saturday Night, Cheers - Cliff Hockey finals can not be watched without a hockey pop or two - Cliff Thanks for the rep :) - Greentoads41 
    Thanks for the Rep!! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - steeler1 Merry Christmas - Cliff May you be living as high as the holiday hog this coming year! - Trillianne Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the Rep!! - steeler1 Have a Birthday fish!! - steeler1 Here you go sir, I just wish it had been a good game. - steeler1 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Strider199 

0 Not allowed!
    If you can get a male and female that seem to be a pair at the lfs and you remove the other fish from that 20 gallon because even before they spawn they will chase whats in there around like crazy, have extra filtration, some caves/pots, and monitor the nitrates every two days in the beginning, I think it can be done easily.
    You may be in for water changes every three days if your filtration isn't adequate.
    Be prepared in case the said pair doesn't like each other after a few weeks as this can happen. They must be separated if one of them starts really being aggressive or you will lose the weaker one in no time. Remember you can not skip routine maintenance on a tank thats pushing the boundaries.
    Warning; Bulldog Pleco guarding my Sons tank now..

Please remember; every keystroke has a consequence.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yes I have read about their aggression and am prepared to move my fish but first im going to see if they are aggressive towards my other fish. If they are it isn't a problem moving them.
    Last edited by vafa; 02-07-2014 at 10:21 PM.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    To me a 20G is too small for these terrorist-cichlids. Think even a pair will start to fight in tanks with this measurement. Sure when the first fry "arrives".
    No Cory, No Glory !!

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    i know that some people thing a 20 gallon is too small for a pair.
    about 50 % of all the answers i get say that a 20 gallon is not adequate for a pair but the other half say that it is.
    i am going to give it a try, besides if anything goes wrong the lfs I'm getting them from is great and will allow me to return the fish and offer me some store credit.. hopefully i get a "nice" pair

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    i called the lfs today and they said they had A kribensis.
    i guess i won't be getting a pair, at least for the time being.
    the price is only 5 bucks and the last time i got them i paid 15 bucks for 1. i think that is a good deal.
    anyway i will be picking it up tomorrow.