· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Question Breeding Zebra Danios?

0 Not allowed!
    I've got 5 zebra danios, 2 males and 3 females, and the males have been fighting and one of the females looks full of eggs. Are they trying to win a female or what? I've read that they mate for life, and none of mine have paired off yet. What are they doing?

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Xmas You Filthy Animal!! - Hardy85 Merry Christmas buddy! - KevinVA Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 
    Merry Christmas Sandz! - Taurus Happy birthday buddy! - KevinVA Happy B-day!! - steeler1 Happy Bday bud!!! - Hardy85 Have a little cake and ..... - fishmommie 
    .... beer.  Hope it was a good one. - fishmommie Happy Birthday!  Enjoy! - jeffs99dime I'll drink to that! - steeler1 Enjoy! - Hardy85 This one's on me... - Slaphppy7 
    Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Here's to good friends, and new fish! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA 

0 Not allowed!
    Its very common in a small school to establish dominance. Im sure thats more likely what it is.
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

0 Not allowed!
    Danios don't pair off. Anyone breeds with anyone. Zebra danios are probably one of the easiest egg layers you can breed. As once they reach maturity and are in good health, you probably cannot do anything to stop them.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Okay thanks

0 Not allowed!
    You can help them by creating an area suitable for egg laying by using plants or a breeding mop. You should not expect any fry to survive in the tank with the adults. If you want to breed them it is better that you do so in a special breeding tank where the parents are removed as soon as they are done laying the eggs. Once they are done they going to start looking for eggs to eat.
    Do as I say. Not as I do.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Don't really need anymore. It seems kind of sad just to let the adults eat the eggs though...
    My first fish, Lollipop, passed away in 2013. I'd had her for 5 years; got her from the fair.

Beautiful planted tanks! Wish I was this good!