· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Remember not to get all the fish at once, slowly stock over 2 weeks or so
    i hear some people say, "i kept a goldfish in a bowl and it lived for a year."
    they don't know how lucky they were and all goldfish live at least 15 years in proper conditions.
    that is equal to saying my human lived in his closet for 5 years!

Awards Showcase

A toast to your next year! - imma24 Happy Anniversary. - Strider199 <3 - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For being the 1500th poster to my thread!..thanks! - Slaphppy7 
    For the safe arrival of Judi's Discus!! - steeler1 Thanks for all your help - JoeH Merry Christmas! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - fishmommie Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Happy Holidays! - Rue Merry Xmas! - Sandz Merry Xmas You Filthy Animal!! - Hardy85 Congratulations, on MOTM!! - steeler1 
    Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Happy New Year - jeffs99dime Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 just because. - 1Sarah Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - gronlaura 

1 Not allowed!
    He did a fishless cycle, so he can stock all at once. If he dosed to 2ppm, he can stock all the Harleys, as they are small fish. I would wait a few weeks to add the Cories (and up your school to 6) and the BNP. Because they are botttom dwellers, you want to make sure your parameters are stable, especially nitrates (nitrates are stronger at the bottom of the tank). Not sure about when to add the Betta.
    My 75 gal Journal & My Dual 29 gal Journal
    My 75 gal - 10 Gold Pristella Tetras, 4 Scissortail Rasboras, 9 Neon Dwarf Rainbowfish, 5 Longfin Zebra Danios and 2 Regular Fin
    My Dual 29 gals, a work in progress - Tank 1 - Amano Shrimp, RCS, Peppered Cories, Tank 2 - Glowlight Danios and a Calico BNP

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"

0 Not allowed!
    + 1 to Gronlaua if you cycled right, you should be able to stock the whole tank, I agree with adding the Cory's last but I see that a few members that just cycled added thiers with no problem, I'd still add mine in the manner that Laura suggested though.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget

4. Default

0 Not allowed!

put in the rest of the plants :D. acclimating some of the fish now. Petsmart only had a few of each so the rest will have to wait till next week. my 2nd piece of driftwood comes in monday and will go on the left <3

Awards Showcase

This is the closest I could find to a vampire, LMAO - Cliff Why thank-you - Cliff The grammar crab has you in its grasp! D: - Trillianne Thanks for the clarification - Mith A few clown for the fellow SW clowns. :D - ILuvMyGoldBarb 
    sorry about your angelfish - smaug Many cultures donw through the ages have known that Ice cream is the perfect band-aid for all occasions. ~  Sorry for your loss. - 850R Here's some Christmass Cheer, Happy Holidays Sheamurai - Cliff merry xmas, keep good care of him - genocidex Beer! The perfect gift for any occasion - Merry Chrismas! - 850R 
    I'm glad your here and a active forum member - Cliff penguin for a friend XD - genocidex Thanks for the help with that spammer !!! - Cliff Thank you for the kind words - Cliff Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    To help you re-stock the tank - Cliff Discus and Beer! - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For very clear advice! - houdini56 Happy Holidays! - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    Yay for adding fish!

Just a note, once you have stocked some fish, and are no longer dosing ammonia, you will have to add future stock slowly, as your BB will reduce to a population that can be supported by your current stock, which is less than you have been dosing. So your BB will have to build up again to whatever you add next.

Awards Showcase

Asking good questions, keep it up! - Slaphppy7 Congrats on the tank move - Slaphppy7 Thanks for being the 2000th poster on the 40B! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Stay warm!! - DeboraBremner Here's to good friends, and new fish! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    +1 to the above, that or add more at once
    Current tanks:
    37G FW - 3 Pearl Gourami, 4 Black Mollies, approximately 20+ Molly Fry, 5 Assassin Snails | 10G Planted FW - 14 Molly Fry, rocks, DW and an Anubias Nana - journal
    "We come from the land of the ice and snow" | "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage | What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
    How to cycle without fishies!

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    yeah, i only have 5 harlys and 5 cories atm, though peeps have been reccomending i add another cory, but i hate even numbers... idk why so i'll probably up the school to 7. Would that be too much for the bottom with my BN?

I'l get 5-6 more harlys next friday to finish their group and... other than that, thats it. heh.

Everyone is seeming quite happy this morning. Tiger Festival (my female betta, Tiger for short... long story most wont understand. It's an inside thing) seemed like she has a pretty calm disposition. So hopefully she'll get along with everyone. She seems absoultly memorized by Fluffy(another inside thing), the BN pleco. when she see's him/her she'll just float next to him/her and watch. Kind of funny.

but hot dang these baby fish are poop machines. LOL cleaned my sand last night and went "aaah so clean" wake up this morning to poop everywhere. LOL White sand... looks pretty but SHOWS EVERYTHING. -facepalm- time to siphon that stuff out before i leave for grandma's.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Added some neon tetras and really liking the activity now. bought 3 more harlys (someone came in friday and snagged most of them litterally just an hour or so before me) so I still gotta get 3 more but i got 8 neons, though i meant to get only 7 but the guy gave me an extra (found out after i got home) sooo yay for free fish. spent 10$ on 11 fish, saved 11$. haha yeah petsmart is having a huge fish sale soooooo

but yeah. everyone's lookin good. my tank parameters are still in check. tested before the WC and ammonia and nitrites were 0, nitrates I think werea bout 10, so it looks like once a week WCs is what ill be doing :D (only say that cus i know theres some peeps who do 2) We'll see how this week goes.