· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

1 Not allowed!
    Frozentundra's probably right, when they repaired the lines, they more than likely added extra Chlorine to flush the lines, that is standard procedure to make sure any bad bacteria is killed, but does not help you. I'm so sorry but like Slap said; this is not your fault at all.
    Last edited by steeler58; 01-17-2014 at 04:42 PM.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget

0 Not allowed!
    I think we're going to do something like that when we my hubby gets paid today. There are a few small survivers so far. I"m going to do everything I can afford to do to keep them alive. But this is a 130g tank.
    130g: 7 Angelfish, 1 Bolivian, 12 Neon Tetras, 14 Serpae Tetras, 9 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora ? Ghost Shrimp
    I've noticed that people HATE it when you point out how stupid they are, so now I try to do it politely.

1 Not allowed!
    I DO have a 5 and a 10 on hand though. I may just switch them over to that until this is cleared up. I don't think my angels have a chance.
    130g: 7 Angelfish, 1 Bolivian, 12 Neon Tetras, 14 Serpae Tetras, 9 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora ? Ghost Shrimp
    I've noticed that people HATE it when you point out how stupid they are, so now I try to do it politely.

1 Not allowed!
    Please be wary of that tap water for you and your family's drinking/cooking needs, too
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

0 Not allowed!
    I know right??? I'm going to have to get bottled water for my animals now too.... This is AWFUL!

Also @Slap -- the temp was about 75.

I feel so freaking stupid. Why the HECK didn't I think of this?????? WHY??

0 Not allowed!
    Can you taste and smell the Chlorine (if this is the case)?
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget

2 Not allowed!
    Life is what happens to us while we're busy making other plans...don't beat yourself up over this, it was a simple human oversight that ANY of us could be experiencing
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

0 Not allowed!
    There is a sight odor. Nothing that alarms me, just kinda smells like water I guess. *shrugs* I'm not tasting it... If it killed all my fish I'm not taking that change being pregnant.

Hubby says it smells like chlorine.

Awards Showcase

Asking good questions, keep it up! - Slaphppy7 Congrats on the tank move - Slaphppy7 Thanks for being the 2000th poster on the 40B! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Stay warm!! - DeboraBremner Here's to good friends, and new fish! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    Well they did issue that warning for pregnant women to drink the water from near that spill even though it was "safe"
    Current tanks:
    37G FW - 3 Pearl Gourami, 4 Black Mollies, approximately 20+ Molly Fry, 5 Assassin Snails | 10G Planted FW - 14 Molly Fry, rocks, DW and an Anubias Nana - journal
    "We come from the land of the ice and snow" | "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage | What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
    How to cycle without fishies!

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah, REAL safe huh???? UHG! Will natural spring water work?? We have a creek we can get water from if need be. Getting ready to head to the local fish store.

I'm hoping they have some advice because they are on the same water.

Going to get everything to set up my 10g for the survivors. Two small angels are looking hopeful, but not great...