· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Is this crazy?

Awards Showcase

Can't give you any more rep, but well said! - steeler58 Thank again!! You seem to enjoy your coffee. - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - Compass this doesnt look like pie... not the right kind.. - Sandz for providing solid guidance to others - RiversGirl 
    Thanks for the rep! :) - Compass cheers - Fishhook Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass No Message - Fishhook beeeeeeeer! - Sandz 
    Bottoms up! (even though you don't drink, lol) - Slaphppy7 We miss you... - Compass thank you for the filter! - RiversGirl for the fun game! - SeaLady Thank you very very much!! - Compass 
    Love the games. Thank you :) - rebecca_finny TGIF! - showmebutterfly Thanks for your help & points. - metweezer Nice to see you around again. enjoy the pie - fishmommie Thanks! :) I try! - Compass 

0 Not allowed!
    I still say you will not be happy without the 6ft tank in the long run. How about you put that recliner in the middle of the room and stick a 6ft tank in its place. Keeping with my standard advice... are you sure you need that recliner?
    When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Brutal honesty will be shown on this screen.
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Tolerance is a great thing to have, so is the ability to shut up.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

0 Not allowed!
    Filing cabinet in the days of digital documents? Jenn, save a tree and do away with the paper.
    When in doubt, do a water change.

"This ain't rocket science!"

0 Not allowed!
    lol...the filing cabinet holds a bunch of random junk instead of files Not to mention my printer sits on top of it...which the cats love since they often nap on the printer and watch the 50G.

The recliner is unfortunately necessary as it is the SOs...seems compromise is part of this whole cohabitation thing

I could still keep *most* of what I want with this setup and honestly I think I would be perfectly satisfied as I will have more water capacity than I have had in many years. My MTS is actually going to grow by around 170 gallons. Before I moved I was running several tanks which totaled ~350 gallons, now I will be running around 520 gallons. The wall of 75s should be impressive enough to satisfy my desire for a 6ft "wow" factor tank. If not...with enough coaxing I may convince the SO we don't really need a bowflex since it takes up far more room than a 180G

Here is what I am thinking at the moment...ideas and opinions are also always appreciated.

75G #1
    A.orbicularis
    L# Pleco which gets 10-12"...perhaps an L47 or L14

75G #2
    Mated Pair of Rotkeil Severums(will buy 6 juvies to pair up)
    12 Buenos Aires Tetras
    6 Hoplo.punctatum Cats
    2 BN Plecos

75G #3
    Synspilum-male
    1-2 L200s

75G #4
    Green Terror
    Salvini
    Honduran Red Point
    12 Rosy Barbs
    3 Pictus...or some sort of pleco/catfish

56G Column
    5 Silver Dollars
    1 Festivum
    12 Corydoras
    1 BN Pleco
    20G High-Tech Planted|50G High-Tech Planted|50G Goldfish Tank|56G Column Low-Tech Planted

4x75Gs coming soon

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Get him a gym membership, way more options for him and more fish options for you. Win win.

Glad you like the 56 gallon column tank enough to get another one. Though with the luck in getting tanks you have you might just be getting it because it comes from petsmart and you should be able to easily get one.

Good luck.

0 Not allowed!
    I do like the 56G Column...it actually has a surprising amount of space for fish to move. Much more than I had anticipated actually. Much better than other XH foot prints IMO.
    20G High-Tech Planted|50G High-Tech Planted|50G Goldfish Tank|56G Column Low-Tech Planted

4x75Gs coming soon

0 Not allowed!
    Two questions, could you put a tank in the closet ( just remove the doors and hardware)?

And you could do a small tank on top of the file cabinet?

0 Not allowed!
    lol funny you mentioned that we did take the doors/hardware off the closet to help with storage options. I have a shelving unit in there to store all the fish garb and I also have my dog's crate in there.

My printer is on the file cabinet...I do have a 4G evolve on my desk where the printer technically "should" go.

4x75Gs coming soon

0 Not allowed!
    Ah ok. You could build a stand that has the lower space for dog crate, second shelf for fish stuff, thirds shelf being a few 20g tanks

I'm just trying to help you mts

Lol

Awards Showcase

Asking good questions, keep it up! - Slaphppy7 Congrats on the tank move - Slaphppy7 Thanks for being the 2000th poster on the 40B! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Stay warm!! - DeboraBremner Here's to good friends, and new fish! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 
    Hey FT, haven't seen your mug around here lately.  Hope everything's ok! - KevinVA 

0 Not allowed!
    and here I thought having 2 tanks was becoming an undertaking.
    Current tanks:
    37G FW - 3 Pearl Gourami, 4 Black Mollies, approximately 20+ Molly Fry, 5 Assassin Snails | 10G Planted FW - 14 Molly Fry, rocks, DW and an Anubias Nana - journal
    "We come from the land of the ice and snow" | "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage | What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
    How to cycle without fishies!

0 Not allowed!
    Eh, these simple cichlid setups are a breeze to maintain. Get a few high tech planteds going or a few reefs now that is a PITA to maintain. These tanks will be simply insert python drain and fill.

Oh no more MTS...especially not with small tanks. I have vowed off a load of 10-20Gs...never again. Small tanks are really hard to keep going IMO.

4x75Gs coming soon