· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Awards Showcase

Because your not cool unless you gift yourself. - Carapar56 In memory of the one you lost. - Strider199 ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith The fishies are coming! the fishies are coming! - Sandz Are you old enough to drink?  Oh, well, For JJ's fish! - gronlaura 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz Merry Christmas - mommy1 Sorry for your loss - KingFisher Sorry to hear of the old girl's passing - ~firefly~ Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Sorry for you loss, wish this was real. - steeler58 Congratulations on your 100th post! - fishmommie Thanks for the Rep! - steeler58 
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - Carapar56 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Carapar56 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Carapar56 HIV/AIDS - Carapar56 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Carapar56 

Default My Male is Finally Coloring Up!

0 Not allowed!
    So after being shipped to NJ all the way from California, being put into a new home, and losing his mate, my male has finally started to color up! He's still not eating very vigorously, although I got him to eat some frozen brine shrimp yesterday, but he's looking amazing and is actively exploring the tank.

Just a quick question though, what should I try feeding him to get him to eat again? He took a bit of frozen brine shrimp but so far he's rejected the various pellet and flake foods I've given him. He'll take some into his mouth, chew on it a bit then spit it right back out.. I have frozen bloodworms, frozen brine shrimp, and various types of cichlids pellets, tropical flakes, and micro wafers.

And now for pictures!! Keep in mind he's only 3-4 months old so he's still not a full adult, he is, however, of breeding age.
    WP_002083.jpg

WP_002087.jpg

WP_002088.jpg
    My 10 Gallon Aquarium Journal
    20 Gallon: 1x Mikrogeophagus ramirezi, 10x Nannostomus beckfordi

~Formerly known as Carapar56~

Awards Showcase

Have another Rummy for 12,000 posts ;) - steeler58 Thanks for the rep - mommy1 Medicine for what ails you. - Taurus cheers! - RiversGirl For passing yet another member ;-) - steeler58 
    a liquid lunch for you - RiversGirl BOOM! Have a gourami. - ~firefly~ TGIF!!!!!!!!!! - Taurus hides the stick and gives you a cookie instead - RiversGirl TGIF *cheers* - RiversGirl 
    more new fish!! - SeaLady Supposed to be a Neon but looks more like a Cardinal :) - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - steeler58 It's Miller time! - Taurus A hot toddy for your crude. :-) - Taurus 
    After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche You needed one! - Plecos TGIF it's been awile ;) - steeler58 TGIF Indeed!!! - Compass TGIF It's Miller time and my lawn is mowed :P - Taurus 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    Not sure what to tell you about the feeding issue, but he sure is a pretty fellow!
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

Awards Showcase

Because your not cool unless you gift yourself. - Carapar56 In memory of the one you lost. - Strider199 ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith The fishies are coming! the fishies are coming! - Sandz Are you old enough to drink?  Oh, well, For JJ's fish! - gronlaura 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz Merry Christmas - mommy1 Sorry for your loss - KingFisher Sorry to hear of the old girl's passing - ~firefly~ Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Sorry for you loss, wish this was real. - steeler58 Congratulations on your 100th post! - fishmommie Thanks for the Rep! - steeler58 
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - Carapar56 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Carapar56 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Carapar56 HIV/AIDS - Carapar56 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Carapar56 

1 Not allowed!
    Thanks so much! He really is gorgeous. I tried feeding him some cichlid pellets and flake food again today and once again he spit it right back out.. Ugh I think tomorrow I'll try feeding him some frozen bloodworms and see how well he takes those. If he eats them readily I'll continue to feed them to him and slowly try to wean him onto flakes and pellets.

1 Not allowed!
    Have you tried the bloodworms yet? He'll like those. He'd probably like Australian blackworms and Cichlid Crisps (http://www.angelsplus.com/PelletWaferCrisps.htm).

Very nice male. Ahhh, memories... You're making me miss mine. ;/ They were very pretty.
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    He really is quite pretty. I've only had him since friday and I've read that new rams tend to be real stubborn with feeding. Its odd because the food I'm feeding him are high quality, meaty cichlid pellets. I'll be trying the bloodworms tomorrow, as I don't like feeding more than once a day. I haven't tried the bloodworms yet, but he ate a bit of frozen brine shrimp yesterday. Here's hoping he'll take the bloodworms.

1 Not allowed!
    They are never big eaters but he should start to accept more and more food over time. Right now I would say blood worms is your best bet. Never known one to turn them down.
    Do as I say. Not as I do.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Lovely male ram!!! Just give him more time
    Stuck w/ 2 many Hobbies...

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Gorgeous little fish GESP…I do have one question. Did you happen to buy him and his past mate from a online place called Germanbluerams . com??