· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Mine had a snow day on Tuesday and she was very sad she didn't get to go to school. I too have been not wanting to use my winter coat at 30 degrees. When I have to wait inside with my 2 kids to drop my daughter at school I have to leave the thing on because I am out of hands and I sweat.

Awards Showcase

Asking good questions, keep it up! - Slaphppy7 Congrats on the tank move - Slaphppy7 Thanks for being the 2000th poster on the 40B! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Stay warm!! - DeboraBremner Here's to good friends, and new fish! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    my view outside may or may not be able to make out the whipping snow but you can definitely tell it gets harder to see as you look further down (sorry for the crappy cell phone pic, scaled it down a bit so it is a little clearer).

2014-01-16 12.36.43.jpg
    Last edited by FrozenTundra; 01-16-2014 at 05:47 PM.
    Current tanks:
    37G FW - 3 Pearl Gourami, 4 Black Mollies, approximately 20+ Molly Fry, 5 Assassin Snails | 10G Planted FW - 14 Molly Fry, rocks, DW and an Anubias Nana - journal
    "We come from the land of the ice and snow" | "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage | What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
    How to cycle without fishies!

1 Not allowed!
    ^^ No thanks...it's supposed to get up to 73 here Monday
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I don't think this winter is any crazier than usual. It's just what you are used to, and we have had mild winters the past decade or two. Worst cold I ever saw was the winter of 90-91, up in Northern Wyoming. -54F, with a -75 wind chill. Had to go out and repair a car battery lead in that...not my funnest memory. Second worst was when I was in middle school 30 years or so back. Didn't go above -20F for several weeks. I actually frostbit one of my fingers walking to school in that one, and the local sugar factory started running their effluent through the city's water mains to keep water from freezing.

Ah, good tales I will tell my grandkids some day.
    My computer beat me at chess, but it proved no match for me at kickboxing.

www.whistlingbadger.com

5. Default

1 Not allowed!
    And then there's the , of course.

www.whistlingbadger.com

Awards Showcase

Asking good questions, keep it up! - Slaphppy7 Congrats on the tank move - Slaphppy7 Thanks for being the 2000th poster on the 40B! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Stay warm!! - DeboraBremner Here's to good friends, and new fish! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    I know my mom remember the winter before I was born when they had 45 straight days where the temps never got above zero. I haven't seen that yet but we have had 7+ days in a row like that from time to time. But I had winters where we had 25 feet of snow over the course of the winter (my very first year up here none the less, yeah....) vs the 3-4 feet of total accumulation.
    Current tanks:
    37G FW - 3 Pearl Gourami, 4 Black Mollies, approximately 20+ Molly Fry, 5 Assassin Snails | 10G Planted FW - 14 Molly Fry, rocks, DW and an Anubias Nana - journal
    "We come from the land of the ice and snow" | "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage | What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhistlingBadger View Post
    And then there's the , of course.
    lol that describes the northern plains perfectly
    Current tanks:

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    and.... now the interstates are closed /yay!
    Current tanks:

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Well, enjoy a well-earned evening off, I guess? Be safe.

www.whistlingbadger.com

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    I was planning on going to the college lady BB game tonight, but not now. Oh well the tickets were free anyways.
    Current tanks: