· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default G'day Tankers - Tank video

0 Not allowed!
    Hey people,

Really getting into the hobby after my first year keeping planted tanks.
    Heres a video of what I have,

I have been successfully breeding guppies all year but havnt had much success on breeding any bristlenose catfish yet.
    Basically here just to talk aquariums and learn some new things, im planning on making youtube videos and stuff showing what I do with my tanks and trying to pass on some knowledge. what I think will be interesting, I'll be making the same sort of mistakes as most beginners and i can explain what I've done and what worked for me, I sorta get sick of seeing everyones perfect tanks haha. My tanks are looking pretty shabby at the moment so I think its a good time to start.

Let me know what you think of the tanks, or what you want to see more of! - videos coming soon.

- Phil

0 Not allowed!
    Hi and welcome. Hope to see you around a lot.
    Do as I say. Not as I do.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Hey Will,

appreciate the quick response, its a promising sign. I was here earlier in the year and didnt get many replies - probably because I was talking about guppies aha.

cya round

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by philthy View Post
    Let me know what you think of the tanks,
    Are you sure?

On the big tank I'd really do something to hide that heater. Bit of an eyesore in an otherwise decent looking tank.

The red tailed "shark" will be an issue if you want to get the bristlenose to breed. Additionally, if you are successful, do you know what you're going to do with 40 fry?

Your videos suffer a bit from reflection. Might want to switch of the lights in the room when you make a video

Awards Showcase

Here's to 11,000.....woe!! - steeler58 T.G.I.F^2 - Taurus for playing the cory game - cm12setx Cheers! - nickellmama27 6000 posts! You'll have to take that thread to a publisher! - Compass 
    Have another beer for another milestone ;) - steeler58 6000 -- wow - RiversGirl Heres to Bacon Beer :-) - Taurus good job on the yappin! Thanks! - SeaLady Thanks for the rep ;) - steeler58 
    For the YapMeister - Compass Another milestone! - steeler58 TGIF indeed - RiversGirl For passing another memeber ;-) - steeler58 Have another Rummy for 12,000 posts ;) - steeler58 
    Thanks for the rep - mommy1 Medicine for what ails you. - Taurus cheers! - RiversGirl For passing yet another member ;-) - steeler58 a liquid lunch for you - RiversGirl 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    Hi and welcome to the AC...nice angel you have there
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I am sure, any constructive criticism is welcome. Well, any criticism will make for good discussion so say what you really think.

I'm going to cover that corner of the tank with plants. At one stage I managed to hide the heater quite well, but have since chopped down that plant and have replanted. I havnt bought many plants, about a dozen pots, just been trimming and replanting. So for now i just need to wait for the plants to grow and see what happens.

My red tailed shark causes a bit of a rukus sometimes, do you think its a problem because the bristlenose cant settle down? or will the shark eat the eggs in the cave? or eat the babies? If I'm successfull I'll keep my breeding pair in the 30 gal and move a few bristlenose into my smaller tanks until they're too big. the other 30 hypotethical bristles I would take to the LFS for some store credit, and get some plants or food.

Thanks for the tip on reflections. In future I'll avoid the daylight.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks Slappy, I'm assuming you're refering to the larger angel. Ive had him for well over a year, he managed to survive what I like to call the "Tank-pocalypse" of 2012. Sturdy fish, I'll have to get a video of me feeding them cherry prawns.

9. Default

1 Not allowed!
    Enjoyed the video! Welcome!

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by philthy View Post
    I am sure, any constructive criticism is welcome. Well, any criticism will make for good discussion so say what you really think..
    I asked because I have gotten into trouble before for speaking my mind.

My red tailed shark causes a bit of a rukus sometimes, do you think its a problem because the bristlenose cant settle down? or will the shark eat the eggs in the cave? or eat the babies? If I'm successfull I'll keep my breeding pair in the 30 gal and move a few bristlenose into my smaller tanks until they're too big. the other 30 hypotethical bristles I would take to the LFS for some store credit, and get some plants or food.

Thanks for the tip on reflections. In future I'll avoid the daylight.
    All three can be an issue. It may annoy the bristlenose. It's likely to be unsuccesful trying to get to the eggs but it's not entirely impossible. Even a failed attempt could cause daddy to abandon the eggs. Eating any fry can actually be dangerous to it, they can get stuck in a fish' mouth.

Are you sure you have a pair of bristlenose?