· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Assassin Snails

Awards Showcase

BEER!!! - Compass Here's to 11,000.....woe!! - steeler58 T.G.I.F^2 - Taurus for playing the cory game - cm12setx Cheers! - nickellmama27 
    6000 posts! You'll have to take that thread to a publisher! - Compass Have another beer for another milestone ;) - steeler58 6000 -- wow - RiversGirl Heres to Bacon Beer :-) - Taurus good job on the yappin! Thanks! - SeaLady 
    Thanks for the rep ;) - steeler58 For the YapMeister - Compass Another milestone! - steeler58 TGIF indeed - RiversGirl For passing another memeber ;-) - steeler58 
    Have another Rummy for 12,000 posts ;) - steeler58 Thanks for the rep - mommy1 Medicine for what ails you. - Taurus cheers! - RiversGirl For passing yet another member ;-) - steeler58 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardy85 View Post
    we hit -30* with wind chill today
    No thanks, you guys can keep that weather.....gadzooks

Quote Originally Posted by Sandz View Post
    Petco gives them out by the betta jar
    Good to know

Quote Originally Posted by Brhino View Post
    They will eat fish food off the bottom too, and they're quick to move in on a dead fish if they get the chance. I think I even saw one going after corydoras eggs once. They eradicated the pest snails long ago but obviously they're still finding plenty of food to sustain the population. They don't seem to go after plants or zucchini.

A lot of my assassins have eroded shells to varying degrees. Probably they're not getting enough calcium. Punk rocker is a good example of that... most of the trademark yellow and brown stripes have been worn away and white shell is left underneath.
    Thanks for the info, and the explanation on the shell color!
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

0 Not allowed!
    To mail them, just double bag in a small fish bag, fill about 1/3 with tank water and put in a small priority mail box and send

Awards Showcase

BEER!!! - Compass Here's to 11,000.....woe!! - steeler58 T.G.I.F^2 - Taurus for playing the cory game - cm12setx Cheers! - nickellmama27 
    6000 posts! You'll have to take that thread to a publisher! - Compass Have another beer for another milestone ;) - steeler58 6000 -- wow - RiversGirl Heres to Bacon Beer :-) - Taurus good job on the yappin! Thanks! - SeaLady 
    Thanks for the rep ;) - steeler58 For the YapMeister - Compass Another milestone! - steeler58 TGIF indeed - RiversGirl For passing another memeber ;-) - steeler58 
    Have another Rummy for 12,000 posts ;) - steeler58 Thanks for the rep - mommy1 Medicine for what ails you. - Taurus cheers! - RiversGirl For passing yet another member ;-) - steeler58 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by LionelC View Post
    Slaphppy7, I am in TX also so I will forgive you for being a Chargers fan. But I went through the same senario as you and picked up some assasin snails. Well they wiped out all my smails, and now I have several of them. I would be glad to send you a few for free if you are interested. Just send me a PM with your mailing address.

I have never mailed any before, so if anyone has any packaging advice I could use it.

By the way, mine are in my tank with RCS and I have never seen them eating shrimp. I did see them eating on a neon that died a few months back, but I am sure he died from old age.

LionelC
    Man, that'd be awesome!...I sure do appreciate it...and thanks about the Chargers thing, LOL....hey, my 2nd favorite is the Texans

Does anyone have any info on shipping them?...Forecast for where I'm at for this week: Wed 55F, Thu 68F, Fri 68F, Sat 70F

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardy85 View Post
    To mail them, just double bag in a small fish bag, fill about 1/3 with tank water and put in a small priority mail box and send
    There you go LionelC...you really think you could send me a few?

5. Default

1 Not allowed!
    No problem. I am located in Kemah TX, you might not be too far from me.

LionelC

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    SWEET...I'm near Port Arthur...do you guys think they'll survive a day or two in this weather?

Awards Showcase

Asking good questions, keep it up! - Slaphppy7 Congrats on the tank move - Slaphppy7 Thanks for being the 2000th poster on the 40B! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Stay warm!! - DeboraBremner Here's to good friends, and new fish! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 
    Hey FT, haven't seen your mug around here lately.  Hope everything's ok! - KevinVA 

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    That'd be great!...I know what you mean about the weather, it got down to 25F here last night (now watch all the Northern and Canadian members jump on me for saying that's cold, lol...it is for us down here, we're not used to that stuff)
    crazy southerners you don't know cold. We walk uphill both ways no matter where we go up here and in several feet of snow and howling winds... j/k

but the air temp for the high yesterday here was 16 below zero with windchills at 50 below zero. We started the day at 25 below zero and 60 below windchills.
    Current tanks:
    37G FW - 3 Pearl Gourami, 4 Black Mollies, approximately 20+ Molly Fry, 5 Assassin Snails | 10G Planted FW - 14 Molly Fry, rocks, DW and an Anubias Nana - journal
    "We come from the land of the ice and snow" | "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage | What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
    How to cycle without fishies!

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenTundra View Post
    crazy southerners you don't know cold. We walk uphill both ways no matter where we go up here and in several feet of snow and howling winds... j/k

but the air temp for the high yesterday here was 16 below zero with windchills at 50 below zero. We started the day at 25 below zero and 60 below windchills.
    I thought -8 at 5 pm was bad. I will shut up now.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenTundra View Post

That's not cold, that's hell...now I see where you get your username from, lol

Awards Showcase

Asking good questions, keep it up! - Slaphppy7 Congrats on the tank move - Slaphppy7 Thanks for being the 2000th poster on the 40B! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Stay warm!! - DeboraBremner Here's to good friends, and new fish! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 
    Hey FT, haven't seen your mug around here lately.  Hope everything's ok! - KevinVA 

0 Not allowed!
    yea it was so cold that the frost pushed through my front door, and the hinges / handle of the door were coated in thick frost

had to grab the hair dryer to thaw out the door to open it. lol
    Current tanks:
    37G FW - 3 Pearl Gourami, 4 Black Mollies, approximately 20+ Molly Fry, 5 Assassin Snails | 10G Planted FW - 14 Molly Fry, rocks, DW and an Anubias Nana - journal
    "We come from the land of the ice and snow" | "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage | What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
    How to cycle without fishies!