· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Default Fluval C Series HOB

0 Not allowed!
    Has anyone tried the Fluval C series HOB filters? I'm used to the Aquaclears and I've had great luck with them and like them a lot. The Fluval seems to be similar, but perhaps a little of an upgrade? Descriptions state there are 5 stages of filtration. Here's a partial description:

"Modular multistage design elevates power filter performance to a class of its own. Fluval C-Series Power Filters are the world's first and only 5-stage aquarium power filter for superior water quality and clarity. Multi-stage filter boast two mechanical filtration stages; customizable chemical filtration stage and a dual biological filtration system that employs trickle-filter technology.

The Fluval C-Series Power Filters with patented refiltration system enables the power filter to slow the water output while simultaneously increasing filtration dwell time within the filter. The result is cleaner aquarium water and gentle water flow suitable for delicate fish and plants. Neatly compartmentalized filtration system offers ultimate ease of maintenance of each mechanical, chemical and biological filtration. Cleaning indicator rises when the Poly/Foam Pad requires rinsing. Quiet operation and simple to use power filter for freshwater and saltwater aquariums."

I've been thinking of trying the C4 on a 40B, along with an existing Aquaclear 20 I have. I don't want a canister at this time and I find the HOB's easy to maintain. Looking for opinions from those who have used these.

Thanks

0 Not allowed!
    I've never used one, but here's some reviews over at Foster and Smith. Youtube video as well....

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=23671

Last edited by Taurus; 01-07-2014 at 02:06 PM.
    When in doubt, do a water change.

"This ain't rocket science!"

0 Not allowed!
    Yes, I read through those which is what led me to consider this. I'll most likely try one.

Thanks

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I was just about to post a similar thread, asking wether I should go with a Fluval C3 or the Aquaclear 50, I read a few of the comment reviews on the Fluval c's and some people complained they didnt work and too much water was able to bypass the filtration and some people were really happy with how they went :S

what do you think of the aquaclear?

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    mmm I think I will go with the fluval C3, if it doesnt cost too much more than an aquaclear :p

0 Not allowed!
    I'll toss my opinion in here, I have a bunch of aqua clears and I love them... Best hob available in my opinion

0 Not allowed!
    I currently have all Aquaclears - 6 of them actually - and I love them too. But just looking around to see what's new out there in HOB's, the Fluval C series seems very similar to the Aquaclear but with more potential (5 stage filtration). I'm going to give one a try soon and see how they are. I'm a couple of weeks away from completing my equipment purchases for an upgrade.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    They are both made by Hagen so hopefully the fluval C is as good as it boasts.

I picked up an aquaclear today, so far so good

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardy85 View Post
    I'll toss my opinion in here, I have a bunch of aqua clears and I love them... Best hob available in my opinion
    +1 to the above

I have a aqua clear going on 14 or 15 years now. No problems what so ever.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]