· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beta Test

Default Beta Test

0 Not allowed!
    I am inviting every one to beta test
    http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/mag/
    A new magazine style entry point to AC where the plan is to post more indepth articles than the care sheet type articles that you find on most of AC.

It should work on all units but has so far only been optimized for computers. I am working on improving it android and iOS units.

Thoughts, Suggstion etc.
    Do as I say. Not as I do.

0 Not allowed!
    I wish I new more about bettas, b/c then I could do a beta test while writing about a betta

But just looking at it, it looks great
    The Dirty 75
    11 Parva Rainbow, 2 Platies, 14 Sterbai, 4 Calico BN Pleco
    My Triple 10 Stack
    My First AC Thread

0 Not allowed!
    I like it. I left a comment on the Krib article to test it.

0 Not allowed!
    I like it as well but on the Krib article I noticed that headers such as taxonomy look very close to the text following it. (latest firefox on win7)

Having a quick look at the code I think the problem might be this:

#header .logo h1 a{
    font-family: 'Droid Serif', Arial;
    font-size:44px;
    line-height:0.9;

I also think if you want to make this work on mobile you'd need a different stylesheet. But I could be wrong of course. Interesting development though and it would bring a needed refresh to the static parts of the site.

Awards Showcase

Asking good questions, keep it up! - Slaphppy7 Congrats on the tank move - Slaphppy7 Thanks for being the 2000th poster on the 40B! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Stay warm!! - DeboraBremner Here's to good friends, and new fish! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    I agree there should be more whitespace between section headings and their bodies of text. Like 1 extra line below and above it would help. The headings look slightly indented by one or 2 characters as well.
    Current tanks:
    37G FW - 3 Pearl Gourami, 4 Black Mollies, approximately 20+ Molly Fry, 5 Assassin Snails | 10G Planted FW - 14 Molly Fry, rocks, DW and an Anubias Nana - journal
    "We come from the land of the ice and snow" | "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage | What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
    How to cycle without fishies!

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by talldutchie View Post
    I like it as well but on the Krib article I noticed that headers such as taxonomy look very close to the text following it. (latest firefox on win7)

Having a quick look at the code I think the problem might be this:

#header .logo h1 a{
    font-family: 'Droid Serif', Arial;
    font-size:44px;
    line-height:0.9;
    That is me f:ing up when I added the article. H1 shouldnt be used in the articles like that. (taxonomically incorrect). Changed them to h2 and it looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by talldutchie View Post
    I also think if you want to make this work on mobile you'd need a different stylesheet. But I could be wrong of course. Interesting development though and it would bring a needed refresh to the static parts of the site.
    You are most likely right. However my plan is to make native apps for mobile units to get the best possible result.
    Last edited by William; 01-06-2014 at 08:29 PM.

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffs99dime View Post
    I like it. I left a comment on the Krib article to test it.

I approved it. If you like that article I am sure you love part 2-4 which to me are more interesting.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by William View Post

You are most likely right. However my plan is to make native apps for mobile units to get the best possible result.
    Hmm... if you can pull that off you'd be rather unique, I don't think there's anything like it.

On the downside.. you'd want IOS and Android, possibly tablet. Even with the current tools and frameworks that's a lot of maintenace work for you.

0 Not allowed!
    It looks good to me. I enjoy reading articles in that format better.

Liters to Gallons conversion calculator

"Keeping fish for any period of time doesn't make you experienced if you're doing it wrong. What does, is acknowledging those mistakes and learning from them." ~Aeonflame
    "
    your argument is invalid." ~Mommy1

0 Not allowed!
    I like it

Very similar to our Reef Blog here
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]