· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Because your not cool unless you gift yourself. - Carapar56 In memory of the one you lost. - Strider199 ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith The fishies are coming! the fishies are coming! - Sandz Are you old enough to drink?  Oh, well, For JJ's fish! - gronlaura 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz Merry Christmas - mommy1 Sorry for your loss - KingFisher Sorry to hear of the old girl's passing - ~firefly~ Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Sorry for you loss, wish this was real. - steeler58 Congratulations on your 100th post! - fishmommie Thanks for the Rep! - steeler58 
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - Carapar56 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Carapar56 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Carapar56 HIV/AIDS - Carapar56 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Carapar56 

Default German Blue Ram Temperatures?

0 Not allowed!
    Hey guys so I have a mated pair of German Blue Rams that will be shipping on the 6th and I was wondering if it'd be possible to keep them in temperatures of 75 degrees Fahrenheit? That's the temperature my 20 gallon is currently set to, this is the tank I am putting them into, and the issue is that I currently have a school of 6 Panda Cories in the tank so I can't really raise the temperature much higher as I've read that Panda Cories will have shortened life-spans and health issues if kept in warmer water. Has anyone kept German Blue Rams in cooler water and had success??
    My 10 Gallon Aquarium Journal
    10 Gallon Planted: 1x Apistogramma trifasciata, 8x Nannostomus marginatus
    20 Gallon: 1x Mikrogeophagus ramirezi, 10x Nannostomus beckfordi, 3x Otocinclus vittatus

~Formerly known as Carapar56~

0 Not allowed!
    That's 24c. Should be fine for a while.

Awards Showcase

Because your not cool unless you gift yourself. - Carapar56 In memory of the one you lost. - Strider199 ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith The fishies are coming! the fishies are coming! - Sandz Are you old enough to drink?  Oh, well, For JJ's fish! - gronlaura 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz Merry Christmas - mommy1 Sorry for your loss - KingFisher Sorry to hear of the old girl's passing - ~firefly~ Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Sorry for you loss, wish this was real. - steeler58 Congratulations on your 100th post! - fishmommie Thanks for the Rep! - steeler58 
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - Carapar56 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Carapar56 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Carapar56 HIV/AIDS - Carapar56 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Carapar56 

0 Not allowed!
    How long is a while? I've read mixed reviews saying that GBR's can comfortably live in 76f and others saying that anything below 80f would be detrimental to their health. I'm really worried the GBR's preferred temperatures will be detrimental to the other fish in the tank. Hopefully everything works out.. The tank is stable, filtered properly and I have good quality, low pH, soft water so hopefully the enjoy it nonetheless.

Still trying to figure out what to do with my Bumblebee Catfish. He's my favorite fish that I own but I'm worried he'll be able to eat the GBR's, as I'm ordering only 4 month olds.. Hopefully I can figure something out soon.
    20 Gallon: 1x Mikrogeophagus ramirezi, 10x Nannostomus beckfordi, 3x Otocinclus vittatus

0 Not allowed!
    A few breeders here keep them around that temp if they don't want any young. I'd assumed it was for a few weeks until you sorted out their own tank. That should do.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Hmm I think I might increase the temperatures to 78f. I'm still thinking about what I want to do. I'd prefer not to have to get rid of my Bumblebee Catfish but I might have to, or set up another tank for him. I was thinking of moving all the fish from my 10 gallon, my apisto pair, the pencilfish, and my Otos, to the 20 gallon and then make the 10 gallon the home for the GBRs. But i've read in multiple places that a 10 gallon is too small for a pair of GBRs. Along with that issue if I moved the fish from the 10 gallon to my 20, I'd have to rehome my catfish as he's big enough to consume all the pencilfish, the otos, and even my female apisto.

I still need to think things over... I might end up having to make a last minute decision upon the arrival of my GBRs. I'm not sure how big they'll be upon arrival. The seller says they'll be around 1.5" long, if this is the case then if they have a nice height to their body they'd be safe with my catfish. If not I might have to move him to his own separate 10 gallon, which I'd prefer not to do simply because I don't have a spare filter cycled.

Ugh If only I didn't trash those 2 cycled 10 gallon Tetra Whisper filters that used to be on my 10 gallon before I replaced them with an Aquaclear 30.

0 Not allowed!
    I think a 10G is far too small for GBRs.

Tell you what you need...another tank (a decent sized one)
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan
    ~ My 350 Litre Tank Journal ~

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah a 10 gallon definitely is too small.. Ugh I wish I could get another one, but I'm going off to college next year and if I get stuck moving into a dorm I'll only be allowed so many tanks. Hmm.. I think I might try and set up another 10 gallon. Maybe I could post here and see if we have any members from NJ who could spare me some filter media so I could cycle a 10 gallon for my catfish.

0 Not allowed!
    I've seen gbrs successfully spawning in a 10, but you have to make certain you have a mated pair and they have the 10g to themselves

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    I'd rather not move everyone. I really like the fish that are in my 10 where they are. I think I'm going to try and set up a tank solely for my Bumblebee Catfish and then just warm the 20 gallon to 79f.

2 Not allowed!
    What about getting rid of both tanks and getting a single big tank?
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan
    ~ My 350 Litre Tank Journal ~