· Pond Fish
· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default back from vacation, goldie has dropsy..

0 Not allowed!
    i asked a friend to take care of my fish while i was away for a week and a half. i left them very explicit instructions on feeding, but i have a feeling my instructions were disregarded beacuse i came home to this:
    TBgsmE4.jpg
    now, the minute i saw this i did an emergency water change (he is alone so is already QT'ed), dosed with epsom and erythromycin (i don't have maracyn, getting some in the morning), and plan to keep doing this until i hopefully see signs of improvement. is this the right thing to do? i've looked a lot online and this seems to be the general consensus. but if any of you have more tips on how to treat dropsy, please do share. i would be so sad to lose him.

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry to hear about this - my understanding of dropsy is that it isn't an illness itself but rather the end stage of something else wrong internally and is fatal. I hope your fish makes it : (
    46 gal fw tank with black skirt tetras, neon tetras, spotted corys, cherry barbs, otoclinus, snails & 4 amano shrimp - plastic & live plants
    5 gal QT
    Remember: Our job is to take care of the water our fish live in

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Oh wow, I'm so sorry. Hopefully goldie will pull through! He looks strong :)
    Poi d'improvviso venivo dal vento rapito, e incominciavo a volare nel cielo infinito.

"I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now?" -John Lennon

"Know that on the night of the Gala Event I shall raise my glass and whisper, 'Fortunato'". -Frederick Sinclair

gallery

4. Default

1 Not allowed!
    this happened a long time ago, and he did pull through! here is a pic of him today :)
    1901387_528294693943_9130308352476098170_n.jpg

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Wooooo! So glad :) Looking good.
    Poi d'improvviso venivo dal vento rapito, e incominciavo a volare nel cielo infinito.

"I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now?" -John Lennon

"Know that on the night of the Gala Event I shall raise my glass and whisper, 'Fortunato'". -Frederick Sinclair

gallery