· Pond Fish
· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Missing fin filament but only on one spot... angel gurus explain plz

0 Not allowed!
    First off I've seen these fins get lost in tussles between jack dempseys etc etc and they would grow back problem here is he never had one when I bought him when he was the size of a dime... no fin nipping going on he's about 2ish months old his body the size of a silver dollar amazing fins and color! but he's completely missing this one the pic in the link shows the caudal fin now he has his bottom caudal filament which is over an inch but no top never did.

https://angelsplus.com/ArticleCare.htm

Is it a genetic defect? I love the guy and the tanks water quality is top notch and like I said NO fin nipping ever seen besides why wouldn't the bottom one and his other fins be trimmed if that was the case... Any ideas? I've seen them torn off and completely regrow in bigger cichlids. I never had angelfish until recently so maybe I'm missing something here; it's driving me nuts! any help much appreciated!!

Oh and before you say water quality x2 50% changes a week 3 bio wheels and the water turns over 20 times an hour.
    Last edited by FishGuy67; 01-02-2014 at 10:19 PM.
    Long time fish keeper most experience with CA/SA cichlids, natives like sunfish, and aggressive catfish.
    Currently have a 29g planted with 14 candy cane tetras, 6 sterbai corys, 6 melini corys, a roided out tiger angelfish and 1 mustache wearing albino longfin pleco.
    Oh and they all get along amazingly!!! went through 4 BN plecos and 2 angelfish until I got ones with the right temperament but it's the most mellow tank now.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    It could be genetic/congenital if you've never seen one grow back. I've never heard of that, so I'm not really sure.
    Poi d'improvviso venivo dal vento rapito, e incominciavo a volare nel cielo infinito.

"I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now?" -John Lennon

"Know that on the night of the Gala Event I shall raise my glass and whisper, 'Fortunato'". -Frederick Sinclair

gallery