· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Oh wow I did not know that...you are probably going to want a longer tube than the standard one that comes with them for that tall 37
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

Awards Showcase

Asking good questions, keep it up! - Slaphppy7 Congrats on the tank move - Slaphppy7 Thanks for being the 2000th poster on the 40B! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Stay warm!! - DeboraBremner Here's to good friends, and new fish! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    yea it is approximately 20" from the top of the tank (not the waterline) to the gravel bed at the bottom (which is between 2-3 1/2 inches deep depending on the spot) as it is a 22.75" tall tank.
    Current tanks:
    37G FW - 3 Pearl Gourami, 4 Black Mollies, approximately 20+ Molly Fry, 5 Assassin Snails | 10G Planted FW - 14 Molly Fry, rocks, DW and an Anubias Nana - journal
    "We come from the land of the ice and snow" | "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage | What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
    How to cycle without fishies!

Awards Showcase

Asking good questions, keep it up! - Slaphppy7 Congrats on the tank move - Slaphppy7 Thanks for being the 2000th poster on the 40B! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Stay warm!! - DeboraBremner Here's to good friends, and new fish! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    Slap were you able to measure the original tube on your python?

man that sounds so perverted
    Current tanks:
    37G FW - 3 Pearl Gourami, 4 Black Mollies, approximately 20+ Molly Fry, 5 Assassin Snails | 10G Planted FW - 14 Molly Fry, rocks, DW and an Anubias Nana - journal
    "We come from the land of the ice and snow" | "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage | What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    and just got notified by amazon, looks like I will have the python by the end of the week
    Current tanks:

Awards Showcase

1 Not allowed!
    Got goodies today

2014-01-08 17.54.19.jpg

my python should be here tomorrow
    Current tanks:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenTundra View Post
    Slap were you able to measure the original tube on your python?

man that sounds so perverted
    First, good deal on the bio rings, you can go ahead and rinse them in tap and let them air dry if you want, I use a collander...they can be quite dusty when new...then let 'em dry and they are ready to add

Yeah, there's about 3 or 4 quick one liners that come to mind, but this is a family-friendly forum, lol....FT, I totally forgot about it until now, just the pickup tube on the one I bought (25' hose) is only 10" long........(must....resist....bawdy...humor)
    Last edited by Slaphppy7; 01-08-2014 at 11:29 PM.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    So I will probably end up ordering a 20" attachment as well so I don't have to shove my arm so far in the tank when doing changes. Will see how the first few go. Should I rinse the rings in tank water, or just rinse in tap and let air dry over night so the chlorine disipates. I though using used tank water would be easier but also may be more messy unless i carry said tank water to the tub and rinse them in the strainer that way.
    Current tanks:

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Ok I got one box of the media rinsed with about 5 gallons of tank water pouring over it, stir some pour more till they were fairly soaked. got them trying in losly closed plastic bag with them still in the strainer to keep dust out. So tomorrow or later tonight I can add them to the nylon bag. (do I need to rinse that first in like a cup of tank water?) and then replace one of the 2 carbon bags with it.
    Current tanks:

Awards Showcase

1 Not allowed!
    It turns out that about 1/2 a box filled up one side of my filter - about 4" x 6" worth stacked up in a single width lying flat with the hole running front to back stacked up with 4-5 per row. So I could have gotten by with 1 box probably as I over estimated the size of the tank area of the filter. But now I have plenty of media and if I get a second tank anytime soon I can add that from the get go as well.
    Current tanks:

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry I didn't get back to you last night, had to leave to watch my daughter's basketball game...you did fine by rinsing in tank water, you could have used tap as long as you let them dry out reall good (like overnight)...you really didn't need to stack them in any particular way, but it won't hurt either, as long as you are getting good flow

And you are correct, it never hurts to have extra bio media on hand...we KNOW another tank is coming, we can see it in your sig, lol

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast