· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Hybrid View

1. Default Suggestions for plants?

0 Not allowed!
    This is the tank as it stands...

4.jpg

Are there any variants that you guys would recommend I add?
    Learning as I go... and thanking everyone on this forum for their help, advice and patience!

Awards Showcase

Have a cup pn me for some great conversation this morning :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F. back at you buddy! - steeler58 BEER!!! - Compass Here's to 11,000.....woe!! - steeler58 T.G.I.F^2 - Taurus 
    for playing the cory game - cm12setx Cheers! - nickellmama27 6000 posts! You'll have to take that thread to a publisher! - Compass Have another beer for another milestone ;) - steeler58 6000 -- wow - RiversGirl 
    Heres to Bacon Beer :-) - Taurus good job on the yappin! Thanks! - SeaLady Thanks for the rep ;) - steeler58 For the YapMeister - Compass Another milestone! - steeler58 
    TGIF indeed - RiversGirl For passing another memeber ;-) - steeler58 Have another Rummy for 12,000 posts ;) - steeler58 Thanks for the rep - mommy1 Medicine for what ails you. - Taurus 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    I think it looks nice as it is...maybe move the heater down behind the plants to where it is out of sight?

Hard to tell from this pic, is there a background on the tank?
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

1 Not allowed!
    I don't recognise the plant in the left foreground - what is it?

You could try some cryptocoryne species in the foreground. Cryptocoryne parva stays fairly small and should do ok. Cryptocoryne wendtii is a little larger and has some nice brown varieties. Cryptocoryne spiralis is an interesting and very hardy plant in my experience. Google image them to see what you like the look of.

You could try some Hygrophila polysperma at the back - that grows like a weed in the right conditions and you can create and nice backdrop out of them if pruned regularly to keep them thick.
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan
    ~ My 350 Litre Tank Journal ~
    ~ My 30 Litre Tank Journal ~

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ~firefly~ View Post
    I don't recognise the plant in the left foreground - what is it?

You could try some cryptocoryne species in the foreground. Cryptocoryne parva stays fairly small and should do ok. Cryptocoryne wendtii is a little larger and has some nice brown varieties. Cryptocoryne spiralis is an interesting and very hardy plant in my experience. Google image them to see what you like the look of.

You could try some Hygrophila polysperma at the back - that grows like a weed in the right conditions and you can create and nice backdrop out of them if pruned regularly to keep them thick.
    I do have some Hygrophila polysperma in the front right of the tank but it is currently very small. So I do not think it is visible.

The long leafed plant in the front left and at the back centre is Hygrophila Lacuslris. It grows like mad in this tank.

Are the Crypts high light species?
    Learning as I go... and thanking everyone on this forum for their help, advice and patience!

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Peche View Post
    I do have some Hygrophila polysperma in the front right of the tank but it is currently very small. So I do not think it is visible.

The long leafed plant in the front left and at the back centre is Hygrophila Lacuslris. It grows like mad in this tank.

Are the Crypts high light species?
    Traditionally, parva is a high-light plant but I've grown them in low light. They grow very slowly but did absolutley fine. The others should do fine in low light (well from experience, mine did).

0 Not allowed!
    That one in the front left could also be willow hygro (angustofolia)

Here are my thoughts:

#1 - remove background - replace with black construction paper
    #2 - remove fake plants ;) - I HATE THOSE lol
    #3 - lay heater flat

Assuming you have a medium light, I recommend temple hygro in the back left corner, do some vals in the middle to right (the power head will give them a nice flow), any type of wendtii crypt looks nice (and adds a touch of color). You could also do a sword plant, but they slowly get HUGE and will typically dominate for nutrients.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    I think it looks nice as it is...maybe move the heater down behind the plants to where it is out of sight?

Hard to tell from this pic, is there a background on the tank?
    Thank you!

There is a background on the tank. I'm currently keeping the heater in view since the temperature dropped a bit too much recently

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Peche View Post
    This is the tank as it stands...

4.jpg

Are there any variants that you guys would recommend I add?
    `Place the heater upright. Camouflage with a forest. Bacopa, hygrophila polysperma for example. I see two possible houseplants in there but I'm unsure from this picture. , back right with all the veins, center rear there's a two coloured plant.

0 Not allowed!
    Click on the photo and you'll get a bigger view of it. Actually I've just done this and see that some of the "plants" are silk ones so that might explain it.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by talldutchie View Post
    `Place the heater upright. Camouflage with a forest. Bacopa, hygrophila polysperma for example. I see two possible houseplants in there but I'm unsure from this picture. , back right with all the veins, center rear there's a two coloured plant.
    There are three silk plants in the tank at the moment. Two on the left at the back and one on the right by the filter.

Will the closeness to the heater not damage the plants?