· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default 2 angelfish- 40 gallon

0 Not allowed!
    Hey everyone :)
    I finally moved my two new additions into my newly cycled 40 gallon tank and they seem to be thriving.
    I was wondering if I could put another angelfish in there. I have a couple other tropical fish with them, two cherry barbs, two zebra danios and two platies. The tank seems kind of empty.
    Would they get territorial and fight if I only added one? can I even add more or will it over stock the tank? If I can add more, how many should I do?
    Thanks for any replies!

Awards Showcase

For working with new fish keepers! Outstanding this month. - Taurus Just Because - Surfdog A round for the fallen this Memorial Day weekend. - Compass I had no cup, so I put it on a bun... - Slaphppy7 You are amazing! So smart and giving. - SeaLady 
    Can't give you any more rep, but well said! - steeler58 Thank again!! You seem to enjoy your coffee. - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - Compass this doesnt look like pie... not the right kind.. - Sandz for providing solid guidance to others - RiversGirl 
    Thanks for the rep! :) - Compass cheers - Fishhook Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass No Message - Fishhook beeeeeeeer! - Sandz 
    Bottoms up! (even though you don't drink, lol) - Slaphppy7 We miss you... - Compass thank you for the filter! - RiversGirl for the fun game! - SeaLady Thank you very very much!! - Compass 

5 Not allowed!
    I wouldn't add another angelfish. Any time you add a cichlid to your tank there is a good chance it will fight with the existing fish, especially if the other fish is also a cichlid. Instead, you should add more cherry barbs and danios to the group. They are both schooling fish and would appreciate more of their own species in the tank.
    When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Brutal honesty will be shown on this screen.
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Tolerance is a great thing to have, so is the ability to shut up.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Awards Showcase

Happy Christmas - MuckyFish thanks for advising on vegetables for my kribs! so here is a discus - ScottishFish You help a lot - PhillipOrigami For the bank account, and thx for the rep - Cliff beautiful discus! - Crispy 
    I know this doesn't help but it's all I can do! - chrisfraser05 for all the wise advice you've given me - fishmommie Congrats on 2000th post! - andreahp Merry Christmas! - fishmommie Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Thanks for the rep :-) - ~firefly~ appreciate it. - fishmommie Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith For all the good advice you give. - ~firefly~ 
    Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff thanks for the rep points.  appreciate it - fishmommie happy friday! - mojosodope Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep! - steeler1 

0 Not allowed!
    A forty gallon tank (unless one of the tall type tanks) is a bit tight for two angels to properly grow. Also, hiding places (plants - real or fake, woods, rocks and the like) are a good idea since one of the fish may get rather aggressive towards the other.
    Last edited by Cermet; 12-31-2013 at 12:09 PM.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Alright, thanks for all the helpful responses. :) I'lll add 5 more cherry barbs and 5 more zebra danios if that won't overstock the tank. Could I keep a ram or two with them or will they fight?

Awards Showcase

For working with new fish keepers! Outstanding this month. - Taurus Just Because - Surfdog A round for the fallen this Memorial Day weekend. - Compass I had no cup, so I put it on a bun... - Slaphppy7 You are amazing! So smart and giving. - SeaLady 
    Can't give you any more rep, but well said! - steeler58 Thank again!! You seem to enjoy your coffee. - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - Compass this doesnt look like pie... not the right kind.. - Sandz for providing solid guidance to others - RiversGirl 
    Thanks for the rep! :) - Compass cheers - Fishhook Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass No Message - Fishhook beeeeeeeer! - Sandz 
    Bottoms up! (even though you don't drink, lol) - Slaphppy7 We miss you... - Compass thank you for the filter! - RiversGirl for the fun game! - SeaLady Thank you very very much!! - Compass 

1 Not allowed!
    A ram or two should work as long as there are plenty of plants and some driftwood for them to find nice hidey holes to claim and run to in case the angel takes a dislike to them. I will caution you though, keep an eye on the angelfish, he may or may not allow more fish into his tank. Be prepared for possible aggression against any new comers and have a back up plan in place.
    When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I'll see how well they get along with more cherry barbs and zebra danios first before adding more cichlids. From what I've seen, they're pretty docile fish. Both male and they love each other, always close together and I've never seen them fight. They've never tried to go after any of my fish and they are much smaller than the angels, so hopefully they'll be okay with rams.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    It will probably be fine. Many people keep rams and angels together with no problems. I was even considering it myself at one point. Angels are so unpredictable though I just wanted you to know there is a risk and watch for possible aggression.