· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default 20 gallon tall lighting help

0 Not allowed!
    so i am thinking of upgrading my lighting set up to a Current satellite led + and was wandering if it would have enough power to grow my plants i have just the stock hood light now and a led light strip. i would also get a new glass top. the plants i have are a sword tail some anubus java fern bamboo and a couple others i forget. so would the current satellite led + put out enough light to grow most any plants in a 20 gallon and do you guys think its a good light? thank you for your help not looking to spend more then what this light cost at 120 and an easy set up would be nice i cant hand the lights from the ceiling or anything

0 Not allowed!
    Until you figure out what the other plants are in your tank, no one can really give you a recommendation as to lighting, as all plants have different lighting requirements.

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah, all I can say is that most cheap led units are nowhere near enough for plants.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I just ordered the 4 foot version of that light. It will show up Thursday so I have not tried it yet. I think grolaura has one on her 75 gallon tank (it is in the journal section).

You should shop around online. I paid 120 for the 4 foot light. Ibthink the 2 foot was about 65 on amazon. Except for a couple defective lights the reviews are excellent for the light. The leds are the right spectrum for plants and from what I understand the plus version has twice the lumens of the regular one.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    yea the guy at my fish store has has them on his plant tanks that he sells plants from and the reviews look good for plants so im gonna get the current satellite freshwater led + i only have a 20 gallon so the light will penatrate fine from what i read
    Cooler than Carmines Tank