· Pond Fish
· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Moving one loach and one rubberlip pleco to smaller tank for "quarantine" phase

0 Not allowed!
    I have a yo yo loach that I believe has some type of worm that's kept it skinny for a while. I remember first getting it and it was not active at all, but right now its health is much better but its the only loach that hasn't shown any growth and it hasn't gained any weight. I'm almost 95% it's got the "skinny" loach disease since I've been monitoring the 5 other yo yo loaches and they have all been steadily growing, faster than I thought. It's also the one that does not hang out with the rest either nor does it ever "fight" for its food like the others so it barely gets anything and only eats whatever it can catch from the top.

I also have a rubberlip pleco in there that has to fight for its food since it has to battle the other loaches and ends up losing and goes back to its driftwood. Healthwise, he seems very healthy, no sign of sucked in stomach or anything. It usually sits out on the surface of the driftwood in plain sight so it doesn't usually hide, in other words I think its comfy.

What I want to do is, move this pleco and 1 yo yo loach to my smaller older tank that I've been working on making as my breeding place for snails and ghost shrimp (accidentally). I've had my one platy in there since last week and he seems to be doing well. I tested water levels just now and it seems fine. 0 PH, 0 Ammonia, 0 Nitrite, 2.5 Nitrate.

Question 1: I'll be using a treatment called Prazipro in the 20 gallon tank that currently has baby ghost shrimp, baby snails and 1 platy. Is it OK to put this 1 skinny yo yo loach in there for the duration of the treatment phase? Does anyone have any experience as to when I'll be able to tell if it's actually working? I guess I should use it until I notice some type of growth? Which maybe weeks?...

Question 2: Can I also put the rubberlip pleco in the 20 gallon as well?

Both are in 55 gallon. They would be moved to 20. The pleco might stay there perm and loach until its better.

0 Not allowed!
    I do believe that the combination should work temporarily.
    Luckily, prazipro harms neither shrimp nor snail. Keeping the loach and the pleco
    In the smaller tank would also be a good opportunity to fatten them up some.