· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 75 gallon amazon theme

1 Not allowed!
    I used to come around here a lot, but not lately. I have a 55g planted aquarium for close to 8 years now. I also have a 75g sitting in my garage. I plan to keep angel fish and various tetras in the 75g. However my wife won't let me take up anymore space in the house. I'm building a stand that will hold my 55g at the bottom and my 75g on top. This is my first tank journal. I will be trying a lot of new ideas, so I wanted to tap into the knowledge and wisdom here.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    sounds good cant wait to see some progress pics
    My Aquarium Journal
    http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...=1#post1186825

4 Spotted Corys
    2 Peppered Corys
    3 Super Red Plecos
    10 Ghost Shrimp
    9 Black Skirt Tetra
    5 Long Fin Black Skirt Tetra
    6 Mickey Mouse Play
    1 Assassin Snail

75 Gal Planted tank 65% stocked

0 Not allowed!
    I use the following link for template and calculation. Very useful thread.http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh...readid=1169964

My stand will be similar to this one though. His build is made to fit a 40g long underneath and a 75g on top.http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/f...and-build.html

My stand will be 57 long to accommodate the 55g underneath. I built the top and bottom frame last night. With a mortgage, car payment, student loan and planning to have a baby, I'm trying not to spend any money. All the wood are old woods that was used for shipping at my company. That is why you notice the colors don't really match up. The good news is that I don't have to worry about unexpected warping because the woods are dry.

The bottom
    bottom.jpg
    The toptop.jpg
    Last edited by hpt84; 12-20-2013 at 12:37 PM.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    lol his looks just like the one I designed I used Lap joints on mine though. I like your stand and the way you doubled the top rail. what is your height going to be? I made mine 32" and wished I would have made it 6" shorter for easier working inside

My Aquarium Journal

4 Spotted Corys
    2 Peppered Corys
    3 Super Red Plecos
    10 Ghost Shrimp
    9 Black Skirt Tetra
    6 Mickey Mouse Play
    1 Assassin Snail

Awards Showcase

Merry Xmas! - Sandz Merry Xmas You Filthy Animal!! - Hardy85 Congratulations, on MOTM!! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Happy New Year - jeffs99dime 
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 just because. - 1Sarah Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 My turn to buy - fishmommie 
    It's EOTW Beer Time, so here's a Cafe Latte that looks like champagne in a bucket! - KevinVA Congrats on the cycles! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the Rep and the gift :) - steeler58 Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    Thx4 - pRED For your new tetra's :) - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Good job on your amazing tanks! - SeaLady thank you for all the helpful information - showmebutterfly 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - gronlaura 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hpt84 View Post
    My stand will be similar to this one though. His build is made to fit a 40g long underneath and a 75g on top.http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/f...and-build.html
    What a beautiful piece of furniture this is! Wish there was a photo with the tanks installed.

0 Not allowed!
    I been busy the last few days. Finally got done with the stand frame. The stand is 48 inches tall and 57 inches wide. The stand is 57 inches wide to accommodate the 55 gallons underneath. It is also 48 inches tall so there is roughly 20 inches of working room above the 55 gallons. Those crossbars are place where the aquarium plastic frame will line up. The stand is 19 inches deep. The 75 gallons will be on top. This is why the front top rail is double up.
    WP_20131221_001.jpg
    The next steps is attaching trim and skin the frame. Right now the middle vertical brace is not attach to the frame, but I do not have a pocket jig. Would it be acceptable to attach the middle vertical brace to the back plywood panel or do I need to get metal braces?

0 Not allowed!
    Here is an update after skin and trim.
    WP_20131223_001.jpgWP_20131223_004.jpgWP_20131223_005.jpg

I'm going to add a shelf underneath. Need to cut out couple of holes for wiring and plumbing. I don't know how much will get done over the next couple of days because of the holidays.

8. Default

1 Not allowed!
    nice gonna have 1 or 2 shelves in there? if you going canister make sure you leave on top shelf out of 1 side to allow for the height of canister I almost screwed up there
    My Aquarium Journal

4 Spotted Corys
    2 Peppered Corys
    3 Super Red Plecos
    10 Ghost Shrimp
    9 Black Skirt Tetra
    6 Mickey Mouse Play
    1 Assassin Snail

0 Not allowed!
    I end up going with 1 shelf. The shelf is removable, so that rescaping the bottom aquarium would be easier. I placed the aquarium on top today and filled it up.
    WP_20131226_002.jpg
    Hopefully, i will get a chance to paint tomorrow. On a side note, one of my anubias in the 55 gallon is flowering. First time that this happen to me.
    WP_20131225_001.jpg

0 Not allowed!
    Here is a picture of my stand after paint and polyurethane in my living room. Next up would be to move my 55 gallon to the bottom of the stand and start on the canopy for the 75g.
    WP_20131229_002.jpg