· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I'll warn you, amanos can run like cockroaches when they're on land! If one gets out, grab it quick!
    I hate hearing people say "it's only a $3/$5/$1 fish/shrimp, so it's ok if it dies, I can just get another." It's still an animal! All animals should be treated like they're worth $10,000.
    29 sw: Damsel, shrimpgoby, pistol shrimp, waspfish
    65 fw: Rummies, glowlight tetras, pencilfish, darters, ottos, f betta, goby, dwarf gourami, ninjas
    29 fw: Chili rasboras, pygmy cories, P. Gertrudae

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Thanks sheamurai, I need to edit my sig...the tanks already has some RCS in there, and my fish don't bother them one bit...only drawback is I would have to have Amnos shipped, my LFS and the local box stores don't sell them..

I like the fact that they get a bit larger and are more active than the RCS, from what I have read... but don't get me wrong, I love my RCS too, neat little shrimp
    If you have RCS in your tank amanos will be fine. They are huge by comparison.
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan

~ 350 Litre Tank Journal ~ ~ 30 Litre Tank Journal ~

Awards Showcase

TGIF back at you :) - steeler58 TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF indeed - RiversGirl TGIF back at you! - Taurus 
    TGIF back to you! - wgoldfarb TGIF - Taurus right back at cha! - fishmommie TGIF back at you :) - steeler58 Happy B Day! - Taurus 
    Which leaves on to ask which came first the cake or the beer! - Taurus Happy B-day buddy! - steeler58 Happy 51st...and many more! - Rue Congrats on your cycle!! - RiversGirl thanks - fishmommie 
    Have a Cory for passing 15,000 post's; WOW!! - steeler58 Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58 Merry Christmas - steeler58 Merry Christmas buddy - fishmommie Merry Xmas To You! - Sandz 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks firefly...yes I know they get quite larger than the RCS, and the coloration they eventually acquire is beautiful IMO....in the pic in post #3, that particular amano appears greenish in color, is that the lighting in the tank or is he indeed a green hue at this point?
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

0 Not allowed!
    No, they're pretty transluscent so seem to go the colour of whatever is around them. Their camouflage is pretty impressive. I can hardly find any, only one or two (and one dead one already, sadly). Although if I sit for a long time in front of the tank I eventually spot more and more. I really like them so far. Subtle, but large enough to be easy to watch in some detail.
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan

~ 350 Litre Tank Journal ~ ~ 30 Litre Tank Journal ~

Awards Showcase

TGIF back at you :) - steeler58 TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF indeed - RiversGirl TGIF back at you! - Taurus 
    TGIF back to you! - wgoldfarb TGIF - Taurus right back at cha! - fishmommie TGIF back at you :) - steeler58 Happy B Day! - Taurus 
    Which leaves on to ask which came first the cake or the beer! - Taurus Happy B-day buddy! - steeler58 Happy 51st...and many more! - Rue Congrats on your cycle!! - RiversGirl thanks - fishmommie 
    Have a Cory for passing 15,000 post's; WOW!! - steeler58 Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58 Merry Christmas - steeler58 Merry Christmas buddy - fishmommie Merry Xmas To You! - Sandz 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    Oh I see....sorry for the loss of the one, hopefully it is an isolated incident....I am really interested in getting some for myself
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    They turn bright blue when they eat some types of algae!
    Unfortunately they are very good at eating it so then it's all gone and they go back to normal colour ...
    I like mine - they seem super hardy and because they're big they do hold their own in a community tank, perhaps a bit better than the cherries. My amanos see no problem in entering a mass of fish arguing over a wafer, grabbing that wafer and swimming off with it. I love the way they grab food and run LOL

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    They are amazing little creatures.....now I want some....bad!!!