· Pond Fish
· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default 'marine tadpole' AKA clingfish goby care?

0 Not allowed!
    I've found someplace selling clingfish gobies. Not the yellow-striped urchin sort of clingfish, the ones that look like a cross between a frogfish and a tadpole. Are these guys very hard to care for? I can't find much about them... 3" long, fairly peaceful, average goby food, right?
    The candy-stripe and other pointy-nose clingfishes are awesome, but I know those are hard to care for.
    I hate hearing people say "it's only a $3/$5/$1 fish/shrimp, so it's ok if it dies, I can just get another." It's still an animal! All animals should be treated like they're worth $10,000.
    29 sw: Damsel, shrimpgoby, pistol shrimp, waspfish
    65 fw: Rummies, glowlight tetras, pencilfish, darters, ottos, f betta, goby, dwarf gourami, ninjas
    29 fw: Chili rasboras, pygmy cories, P. Gertrudae

0 Not allowed!
    From what little I know of them, they have similar requirements to a pipe fish

Based on all of the questions you have been asking these past few days, I would suggest you first think through and decide what you want to do with your biocube before you start getting anymore fish. You should first decide if you want to have a FOWLR or reef set-up as will as deciding if you want peaceful or more aggressive fish.

That will help narrow down your choices as well as help you avoid a lot of costly mistakes that your fish and corals would pay for in the future
    Last edited by Cliff; 12-13-2013 at 12:46 PM.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Not the skinny ones with the pointy noses... The ones I'm thinking of are little fat things that look like tadpoles with suction-cup tummies. Here, this is one article on them: http://en.microcosmaquariumexplorer....pled_Clingfish
    I've seen them feed at the store and they're happy to take mysis... They definitely aren't like pipefish, they just stick to the glass and wiggle around sort of like plecos. They're supposed to be carnivores, not surprising considering that they're gobies, and the little bit I can find on them says they aren't too hard to keep and don't need anything particularly odd for care.
    Actually, this is part of my research. I'm looking over various ideas, and this is where I go for information about fish who don't have much info online. I'm thinking reef tank, peaceful fish, maybe just one or two more little ones. I'd considered some pygmy gobies, but I know my wasp would probably glomp them up.
    Last edited by Fishkeeper; 12-13-2013 at 05:17 PM.
    I hate hearing people say "it's only a $3/$5/$1 fish/shrimp, so it's ok if it dies, I can just get another." It's still an animal! All animals should be treated like they're worth $10,000.
    29 sw: Damsel, shrimpgoby, pistol shrimp, waspfish
    65 fw: Rummies, glowlight tetras, pencilfish, darters, ottos, f betta, goby, dwarf gourami, ninjas
    29 fw: Chili rasboras, pygmy cories, P. Gertrudae