· Pond Fish
· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Maybe wishful thinking, but are there any non-insane macroalgae?

0 Not allowed!
    I currently have a 29 BioCube set up, and I'd like to add some macroalgae to help clean. I'm not sure exactly what lighting I have... The bulbs say 10,000k 36watt and actinic 36watt, I'm not sure if that's considered medium lighting or what... I'm looking for a macroalgae of some sort, but I don't want it to be insane. I'm okay with having to pull pieces off every few months, I just don't want it to be popping up all over the place and being insanely prolific. I'm guessing calipera is out of the question, since it's insane.
    Would sea lettuce be good? I know where I can get some. What does sea lettuce like? Still water, moving water, or what?
    What about sea grass? Is there any that likes just regular saltwater aquariums?
    I hate hearing people say "it's only a $3/$5/$1 fish/shrimp, so it's ok if it dies, I can just get another." It's still an animal! All animals should be treated like they're worth $10,000.
    29 sw: Damsel, shrimpgoby, pistol shrimp, waspfish
    65 fw: Rummies, glowlight tetras, pencilfish, darters, ottos, f betta, goby, dwarf gourami, ninjas
    29 fw: Chili rasboras, pygmy cories, P. Gertrudae

0 Not allowed!
    I'm not too sure what you mean by "macroalgae to help clean", but I will assume you are referring to using the algae to remove nutrients from the water.

Most types of macro algae will have a growth rate in direct proportion to the level of nutrients in the water. If your set-up produces higher levels of nitrate and/or phosphates, then the macro algae will grow fast and everywhere. Algae is algae.

The below link might also be of help

http://www.saltcorner.com/AquariumLi...sesection.phpg
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah, that's basically what I meant. I guess I'm more looking for something that spreads outwards from itself like a decent water plant instead of just randomly springing up in odd places. I can yank pieces out if it gets longer and wider, but if it's going to go and pop up everywhere like caulerpa does I can't deal with that.
    I hate hearing people say "it's only a $3/$5/$1 fish/shrimp, so it's ok if it dies, I can just get another." It's still an animal! All animals should be treated like they're worth $10,000.
    65 fw: Rummies, glowlight tetras, pencilfish, darters, ottos, f betta, goby, dwarf gourami, ninjas

0 Not allowed!
    Your only other option would be a certain type of mangroves, however, if your bio-cube produces enough nutrients to support their growth I would think you have some bigger issues with your set-up. I'm not even too sure if you could even use them in a bio-cube as you would need a opening in the tank lid for them to grow out of.

In a well planned and balanced set-up, you really don't need any type of algae to remove nutrients. With a smaller set-up like yours, water changes would be a lot more effective for you.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Alright, thanks. Is there anything at all that will at least live happily in a biocube? I'd like to tuck some into a corner for pods and such to live in, and I'll bet my waspfish would like it.