· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default What The Shell Is This?

0 Not allowed!
    Picked it up from my LPS for a buck. Before I try it I want to k ow has anyone heard or used thing before?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas Scottishfish - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas Douglas - Taurus Please enjoy this holiday hog! - Trillianne Have a super christmas! - Aeonflame Congrats on 1 year! - andreahp 
    Congrats on 1 year! - jeffs99dime Happy One-Year! - Rue Happy New Year! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 No Message - 850R 
    Now THAT was a nice quiet beer... But now that we have had another... Let's go break stuff!! :-P - 850R Thanks for the rep/compliments! - mojosodope Thanks for the rep the other day, cheers - Cliff ...they go with snow, right? - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas - KingFisher Happy New Year - mommy1 

1 Not allowed!
    I wouldn't put that anywhere near my tanks to be honest. I doubt any product could be so amazing for $1. Also I disregard anything that uses the fish per gallon ratio. This kinda product is aimed at new fishkeepers who perhaps don't entirely understand their tank yet. If you do have cloudy water or any issues you are better to ask on the forum, we can help without the need of purchasing something like that

Use it as decor in your bathroom. Thats about all it is useful for. :P
    My therapist says I need a bigger tank . . . . .

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Lol bathroom decor :D that's why I asked before I attempted to use it.

1 Not allowed!
    "Conditions water making it sweet and pure." What!? "Fish have more sex vigor." Must be the artificial sweetener in it huh? lol Last time I checked, no fish/ inverts/ crustaceans like their water to be sweet.
    That thing does a little of bit everything huh? lol What a crock. Unfortunately, there are probably many people who have used this and never had the insight of AC members to "clarify," if you will.

Awards Showcase

Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 lets see if you cann see this - William another test - William hope this works - William hopefully this one shows up. - KingFisher 
    It's the closest thing I could find to a snowflake. - Taurus Happy Birthday Girl. Wishing you many more. Ya thats why the Champagne is in play. hehehe - Strider199 For piping up - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas - gadget228 Thank you and Happy Holidays! - KingFisher Merry x-mas and a Happy New Year Trillianne - Strider199 Happy New Year!!! - Rue Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 
    Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Thanks for the Rep! - steeler1 Thanks, and one for you too. - mommy1 lol - 5 steps to gift giving.  We should eat more bananas... potassium and all that. - KevinVA Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    Googling brought up this in one product description:

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.petmountain.com/product/aquarium-water-conditioners/11442-505234/wonder-shell.html and also Amazon Description
    Contains Calcium carbonate, sodium thiosulfate, and trace elements including magnesium sulfate.
    I believe the Sodium Thiosulfate is the dechlor/dechloramine part of it. The Calcium Carbonate would provide more calcium in the tank and also is generally cited as a PH raiser.

While its description is definitely written by a marketing person, I would say it probably does reduce trace amounts of Chlorine and increase calcium.

When in doubt, google the product name and add ingredients to the search.

It looks like it does "work" but is not very cost effective or a "magic pill" like its marketed or people sometimes hope for.
    Last edited by Trillianne; 12-09-2013 at 06:31 PM.

6. Default

1 Not allowed!
    To be honest, this is the funniest thing I ever come across in the hobby. This looks like it belongs on an infomercial.

2 Not allowed!
    some things it claims are true, others are downright funny. I think it contains
    mostly calcium in some form, so the bits about increasing minerals and stronger snails could work, and if it contains sodium thiosulfate the dechlor
    part could be true too. as for the fish libido thing and the making water "sweet and pure"...
    ...well, maybe not.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Lol that's what I thought.

Awards Showcase

This is the closest I could find to a vampire, LMAO - Cliff Why thank-you - Cliff The grammar crab has you in its grasp! D: - Trillianne Thanks for the clarification - Mith A few clown for the fellow SW clowns. :D - ILuvMyGoldBarb 
    sorry about your angelfish - smaug Many cultures donw through the ages have known that Ice cream is the perfect band-aid for all occasions. ~  Sorry for your loss. - 850R Here's some Christmass Cheer, Happy Holidays Sheamurai - Cliff merry xmas, keep good care of him - genocidex Beer! The perfect gift for any occasion - Merry Chrismas! - 850R 
    I'm glad your here and a active forum member - Cliff penguin for a friend XD - genocidex Thanks for the help with that spammer !!! - Cliff Thank you for the kind words - Cliff Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    To help you re-stock the tank - Cliff Discus and Beer! - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For very clear advice! - houdini56 Happy Holidays! - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    I've actually read fish forum/articles online that touted this product for its trace element and calcium boosting properties. Supposedly good for shelled invertabrates and tanks using 0 tds water - over the long haul of using ultra filtered water, your tank could become depleted of elements required for good health of inverts and fish.

Having said that, the advertising on the product - oy, veh.
    I wouldn't be too shy to use it, I've never read anything anywhere stating it had detrimental effects on a tank or its inhabitants.
    20gal long planted community

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    after reading the back of package all I can say. "you can get the second one for free plus 19.95 for shipping" lol