· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Awards Showcase

hope this works - William hopefully this one shows up. - KingFisher It's the closest thing I could find to a snowflake. - Taurus Happy Birthday Girl. Wishing you many more. Ya thats why the Champagne is in play. hehehe - Strider199 For piping up - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - gadget228 Thank you and Happy Holidays! - KingFisher Merry x-mas and a Happy New Year Trillianne - Strider199 
    Happy New Year!!! - Rue Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Thanks for the Rep! - steeler1 Thanks, and one for you too. - mommy1 
    lol - 5 steps to gift giving.  We should eat more bananas... potassium and all that. - KevinVA Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 No Message - Fishhook A Birthday Bunny. - gadget228 

Default In-tank 20G Long Filter reccomendations

0 Not allowed!
    So its the second time my AquaClear on my 20G has overflowed half the water onto the floor/counter and I'm sticking a fork in it.. .its done. The first time I thought the issue was related to a power failure which caused the basket to shift and I was pretty forgiving, but this time... no idea (last maint was Monday and it was fine up until last night). Just sometime in the middle of the night it swapped to pumping water onto the counter/floor instead of back into the tank.

I have a 20G L with small fish in it (panda and pygmy cories, amano shrimp, gertrudae rainbows) and I'm looking for a filter that has good turn over, preferably in-tank but without the huge drop in water level I have to sacrifice with the standby Whisper I'm currently using.

I am currently leaning towards a Fluval U2 or U3 or looking at the smallest Eheim external, but I would prefer an internal filter.

0 Not allowed!
    https://www.eheim.com/en_GB/products...ers/aquacorner (x2)
    Ever consider a canister like Eheim 2213? I currently have the 2215 on my 20long Multi tank.
    Last edited by jeffs99dime; 11-27-2013 at 07:53 PM.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I have had excellent luck with Aquean HOB filters. they are whisper quiet and have good flow but are not what I consider hi flow. very much in line with the AC but I much prefer it over my AC. Even though they don't come with the filter, there is extra room in the AQUEAN so you can drop a bag of bio balls in it if you want. And you don't have to prime it like you do the AC which I really appreciate.
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

1 Not allowed!
    The aquaclear filters cannot overflow if you have them set so that they are tilted slightly toward the tank instead of away from it. That is what the little black spacer is for.

Liters to Gallons conversion calculator

"Keeping fish for any period of time doesn't make you experienced if you're doing it wrong. What does, is acknowledging those mistakes and learning from them." ~Aeonflame
    "
    your argument is invalid." ~Mommy1

Awards Showcase

Merry Xmas! - Sandz Merry Xmas You Filthy Animal!! - Hardy85 Congratulations, on MOTM!! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Happy New Year - jeffs99dime 
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 just because. - 1Sarah Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 My turn to buy - fishmommie 
    It's EOTW Beer Time, so here's a Cafe Latte that looks like champagne in a bucket! - KevinVA Congrats on the cycles! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the Rep and the gift :) - steeler58 Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    Thx4 - pRED For your new tetra's :) - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Good job on your amazing tanks! - SeaLady thank you for all the helpful information - showmebutterfly 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - gronlaura 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffs99dime View Post
    https://www.eheim.com/en_GB/products...ers/aquacorner (x2)
    Ever consider a canister like Eheim 2213? I currently have the 2215 on my 20long Multi tank.
    The Eheim corner filter is only rated for 15-16 gal tops. I saw them at the Chicago Expo - really nice little waterfall filters that you can put bio media in.
    My 75 gal Journal & My Dual 29 gal Journal
    My 75 gal - Gold Pristella Tetras, Scissortail Rasboras, Neon Dwarf Rainbowfish, Longfin and Regular Fin Zebra Danios, Bristlenose Pleco
    My Dual 29 gals - Left Tank - Diamond Tetras. Right Tank (still cycling) - Amano Shrimp, Black Neon Tetras

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by gronlaura View Post
    The Eheim corner filter is only rated for 15-16 gal tops. I saw them at the Chicago Expo - really nice little waterfall filters that you can put bio media in. You could put one in each corner???
    Notice I wrote "X2" in my original post. Yes, you can.

Awards Showcase

Merry Xmas! - Sandz Merry Xmas You Filthy Animal!! - Hardy85 Congratulations, on MOTM!! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Happy New Year - jeffs99dime 
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 just because. - 1Sarah Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 My turn to buy - fishmommie 
    It's EOTW Beer Time, so here's a Cafe Latte that looks like champagne in a bucket! - KevinVA Congrats on the cycles! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the Rep and the gift :) - steeler58 Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    Thx4 - pRED For your new tetra's :) - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Good job on your amazing tanks! - SeaLady thank you for all the helpful information - showmebutterfly 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - gronlaura 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffs99dime View Post
    Notice I wrote "X2" in my original post. Yes, you can.
    End of the day at work, I missed the X2. They are really nice filters. They had them in their 4, 6 and 9 gal nano tanks.
    My 75 gal Journal & My Dual 29 gal Journal
    My 75 gal - Gold Pristella Tetras, Scissortail Rasboras, Neon Dwarf Rainbowfish, Longfin and Regular Fin Zebra Danios, Bristlenose Pleco
    My Dual 29 gals - Left Tank - Diamond Tetras. Right Tank (still cycling) - Amano Shrimp, Black Neon Tetras

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"

Awards Showcase

hope this works - William hopefully this one shows up. - KingFisher It's the closest thing I could find to a snowflake. - Taurus Happy Birthday Girl. Wishing you many more. Ya thats why the Champagne is in play. hehehe - Strider199 For piping up - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - gadget228 Thank you and Happy Holidays! - KingFisher Merry x-mas and a Happy New Year Trillianne - Strider199 
    Happy New Year!!! - Rue Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Thanks for the Rep! - steeler1 Thanks, and one for you too. - mommy1 
    lol - 5 steps to gift giving.  We should eat more bananas... potassium and all that. - KevinVA Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 No Message - Fishhook A Birthday Bunny. - gadget228 

0 Not allowed!
    @Kingfisher

I swear to you on a stack of holy bibles from here to the moon that the spacer was still on the back and there was a mild tilt towards the aquarium in effect.

I know the last time this happened there was a short power failure and the media basket shifted up, which I believe was the cause. This time... not a clue. We have power failure monitoring and no failure reported for last night.

So after having to mop up 5-10 gallons twice now, and the occasional restart issues I've had with it... I think its time to move it to the reserve filter box.

0 Not allowed!
    If you insist on in-tank: http://www.eheimna.com/products/detail/2/category the eheim 2210.

PErsonally I'd just stick a good cannister filter on this tank

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    The reason I prefer the internal is more an issue of spacing and location. Its on the built in desk countertop of my kitchen. There isn't a super great place to put an external canister except on the floor with trailing hoses and cords (which would mean no drip loop since the outlet is above the desk too).

Thank you for the link!