· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cycling Done.

0 Not allowed!
    I am NOT an expert , I have only been in the hobby this time for 2 short years and I'm still learning everyday . I'm NOT trying to start a debate or burst your bubble or anything like that , but 17 days seems like a very short length of time for a complete cycle process . Is it really possible to cycle a tank that quick . Again I am no expert , just a curious student ! And please forgive me if I have offended ANYONE.
    ask ?'s and change some water pair of JD's and loving it.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    From what I understand testing the water doesn't lie. When every test reads.
    Ammonia 0ppm
    Nitrite 0ppm
    Nitrate 80 to 160 ppm
    Then the tank is cycled unless every thing I have read about cycling and testing is a faults statement . Also I have been adding mulm from my other 55 gal tank when I first started.

Awards Showcase

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Thanks so much for everything. - metweezer Thanks for the rep friend :) - Compass Merry Christmas! - rebecca_finny Thanks for the rep! - AmazonJoe 
    Happy Holidays. - gadget228 Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! - Plecos Happy Holidays! - Boundava Merry Christmas! - Anders247 Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 

2 Not allowed!
    Water doesn't lie, but people make mistakes. I am just asking you to be certain.

EltyIt, It is quite possible for a tank to be cycled in that time. 2-3 weeks is all it takes when things are done properly. When you add mulm or filter media it can even be much quicker.
    People say if you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all... Then they wonder why am I so quiet.
    Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes that reason is you are stupid and make bad decisions.

I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    A moderator on a fish forum should be able to identify an oscar... Don't you think?

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Today's water test is.
    Ammonia 0ppm
    Nitrite 0ppm
    Nitrate 160 ppm
    Going to feed 2ppm of ammonia again to keep BB Alive

0 Not allowed!
    OK thanks for the clear up mommy1 . Sorry freashfish , I didn't realize mulm would jumpstart it that quick . Like I said I wasn't trying to ruffle any feathers , was just curious. Learning every day.
    ask ?'s and change some water pair of JD's and loving it.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by eltylT View Post
    OK thanks for the clear up mommy1 . Sorry
    freashfish , I didn't realize mulm would jumpstart it that quick . Like I said I wasn't trying to ruffle any feathers , was just curious. Learning every day.
    No feathers ruffled here.

This is all still new to me also I did my first 55 with mulm and gravel plus put a 30 gal filter on off my 10 gal. And got lucky none of my fish died before I knew about fish less cycle. My first mistake was dumping the ammonia in instead of using a dropper this time around.But everything turned out for the best now. Buy trying to figure out this cichlid thing what work with what and what I can get local is driving me nuts! Lol

0 Not allowed!
    So how is the cichlid research going?...I think that tank is ready for some
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal