· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

0 Not allowed!
    OK good...I forget, do you have a water test kit?...what type is it?
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    OK good...I forget, do you have a water test kit?...what type is it?
    Yes, I have an API Master test kit. My new Eheim Jager 300W heater and my python vacuum both arrived today as well which should make everything easier as far as water changes

3. Default

1 Not allowed!
    Okay - I understand your predicament.
    what type of gourami are they? you may or may not run into problems. some gourami will be very aggressive with others. I'd watch the two of them closely and if you see any fin nipping, or either of them hiding, you could have a problem.
    they should actually be okay with the angel which is good news.

as for the sword tails - hopefully they will be okay too.
    I haven't researched this mix but it sounds as though you have done some research that led you to making your decisions.

Hope all works out.
    Watch your ammonia and nitrites closely. try to keep them both around .25ppm (you need some ammonia to grow your beneficial bacteria) and do a water change when either or both approach .50ppm.
    Glad you got your water changer. You're most likely going to be making several water changes a week for a while to keep that cycle on track. :o)
    Last edited by fishmommie; 11-28-2013 at 02:40 AM.
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

Awards Showcase

No Message - talldutchie Merry Christmas - KingFisher Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 This Holiday Swine hopes your 2014 will be simply divine! - Trillianne Thanks again for your help yesterday - Slaphppy7 
    Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Mommy1. - Strider199 Cheers.  Have some of my hang-over cure. Happy New Year - Cliff Happy New Year! - KingFisher Happy Birthday. - Taurus 
    Happy Birthday. - gadget228 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Looks like its time for a second cup! - Trillianne always fun - Surfdog thanks for sweetening the pot! - fishmommie 
    Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 for putting up with my bad timing - Cliff Congrats on MOTM. - gadget228 For most awesome avatar of the day. lol  Love it. - KevinVA Thank you so much for the Rep!! - steeler58 

1 Not allowed!
    It's a 75 gallon tank right? Add several tall plants, real preferred but fake is fine too, and some good sized driftwood. The plants and driftwood will break up lines of sight and give your fish places to claim and/or get out of sight, and you will have a chance this stocking might work. You have three very territorial and temperamental fish in your tank and even though it's a larger tank and may work, be prepared to re-home again if it doesn't.
    When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Brutal honesty will be shown on this screen.
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Tolerance is a great thing to have, so is the ability to shut up.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yes it is 75 gallons. I want to do live plants for sure, I'm just not sure my single fluorescent light is enough. I'm going to build a canopy and hang LEDS in it soon, but it's a budget issue currently. I saw the sticky about plants that can tolerate lower levels of light, so I may print that off and go back to the fish store.
    I have noticed both Gouramis tend to hide behind the filter a lot. Hopefully they become more comfortable as time passes.
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by shifttofirst View Post
    Yes it is 75 gallons. I want to do live plants for sure, I'm just not sure my single fluorescent light is enough. I'm going to build a canopy and hang LEDS in it soon, but it's a budget issue currently. I saw the sticky about plants that can tolerate lower levels of light, so I may print that off and go back to the fish store.
    I have noticed both Gouramis tend to hide behind the filter a lot. Hopefully they become more comfortable as time passes.
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

watch them closely. if they continue to hide there may be a reason. maybe the angel doesn't like their intrusion after all :o( as mommy1 said, add some line of sight obstetrical in the form of tall plants or driftwood which might help divide up territories for each fish to claim to to distract them from pestering each other. even if all is well today, long term, those types of visual barriers are a good idea.
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Ok here's an update:
    Ever since getting the new fish, my after levels and overall tank cleanliness have been MUCH easier to maintain. We did loose both swordfish, but I think they may have been sick from the store. I took them back along with a vial of my water, and they said my levels were absolutely perfect, and replaced the fish for free.
    I had to re-home the Chinese algae sucker... he was attacking my platinum gourami, and after some research it looks like he'll grow up to attack about everything. I got two Molly's to take his place, and they are happy and healthy. Also was able to get a few plants, and they really look great. Going to get some more soon.
    The pearl Gourami seems to be swimming around more, but the platinum one still hides a lot and swims after the pearl. I'm worried one will have to go... Everyone else seems happy and healthy. The Angel is very docile and hasn't went after anything. Got a new background yesterday, I'll post a picture later on!