· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Can anyone help?

0 Not allowed!
    I've just noticed one of my female guppies has what looks like white fuzz across half her back, I looked at the fish this morning before I fed them and didn't notice it then, none of my other fish have anything on them and this one keeps going away from the rest and swimming against the current from the filter which is a bit weird. I read online that's probably a fungal infection and that I should separate it from the rest of the fish but I don't have a spare tank for sick fish and don't really have anything I can keep it in with it being so cold. im sure it will freeze if I put it in a bucket or container as I don't have good heating, I don't know what to do, I can't go get treatment stuff until tomorrow and cant really afford to pay out for another tank for the sick fish as well with Christmas being so close. what can I do any advice would be appreciated I really don't want all my fish to die :(

Awards Showcase

A lovely red rose for you to enjoy ... - mermaidwannabe for the help - smaug Happy Father's Day! - Aminax awesome tank in TOTM - Lady Hobbs Good guess! - Lab_Rat 
    To match your Super speed LOL - 850R Cool contest! - Wild Turkey Great shrimp advice - Wild Turkey You have the patience of a rock - Aeonflame Happy 5th Anniversary - Aminax 
    Thanks! - Scrup hmm i dont this its the right species... but merry xmas XD - genocidex Merry Christmas! I blub you! - Aminax I love following your informative and well designed threads. I hope these loaches get huge for you! - Sandz Happy 30th birthday! - Aminax 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks for you help! Cheers! - koaladarshana Happy Birthday Bud. Cheers! - Strider199 Merry Xmas! Ill drink to that! - Sandz Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime 
    Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Brhino 

0 Not allowed!
    It does indeed sound like fungus. What size is the tank? If it's not huge it may be possible to simply treat the entire tank with an anti-fungus medicine. It should be safe to do so but you'd want to keep a close eye on your water parameters if you do because some medications can affect the biofilter.
    300 gallon mega tank: build in progress
    75 gallon community tank: tetras, danios, corys, platies, otos, pearl gouramis, bristlenose pleco, assassin snails, red cherry shrimp, bamboo shrimp
    70 gallon growout tank: clown loaches, sailfin pleco
    60 gallon goldfish tank: fancy goldfish
    29 gallon frog tank: 1 bullfrog
    10 gallon and 5.5 gallon betta tanks: 1 male betta each, sometimes snails

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    it's only 60l so not big, im just worried about it spreading to the other fish, somewhere it said to raise the temperature but I don't know if that's right or not it's at 24c at the moment

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Could be columnaris...I had good results treating a neon that had it like a saddle on his back. Best option for you seems to be treating the whole tank if it is small enough. Make sure you remove the charcoal in your filter.
    20 gallon with a male betta, neons, glowlights, and red cherry shrimp. (work in progess) Recently added a few LIVE plants and driftwood, Woooohoooo!

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Azurescriber View Post
    Could be columnaris...I had good results treating a neon that had it like a saddle on his back. Best option for you seems to be treating the whole tank if it is small enough. Make sure you remove the charcoal in your filter.
    Just googled it yes that's what it looks like can I treat it with normal fungal treatment? I only have a 60l tank

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    sorry not normal fungal treatment the interpet anti fungus and fin rot, it says it treats mouth rot too?

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Columnaris is a bacterial infection (though it looks fuzzy). Treat with gram-negative antibiotics. I used API packets. Don't treat as a fungus. Should be able to do the whole tank, but pay close attention to your dosages on the package, remove the charcoal in your filter, and treat at least few days past when the visible infection clears.
    20 gallon with a male betta, neons, glowlights, and red cherry shrimp. (work in progess) Recently added a few LIVE plants and driftwood, Woooohoooo!